Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Sale: Dedi with 8GB RAM, 2x 1500GB + 1x 90GB SSD, 2TB @ 100Mbit, Windows Server Standard 2008 R2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For Sale: Dedi with 8GB RAM, 2x 1500GB + 1x 90GB SSD, 2TB @ 100Mbit, Windows Server Standard 2008 R2

FreekFreek Member
edited April 2013 in Offers

I currently rent this dedi, but I don't need it at this point:

Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 620
8192 MB RAM
2x 1500 GB HDD + 1x 90 GB SSD
2TB on 100 Mbit/s
5x IPv4
Free online reboots & rescue console
OS is currently Windows Server Standard 2008 R2 but can be swapped for Linux.
Linux comes with 1 click Installation.
Location is Germany.
Costs: € 47.50 per month. Higher bids are welcome as well ;) Without Windows it's about 3 euros less.
Contract is until 1st of May. If there's a huge interest in it, I can renew the contract. I get a discount.

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited April 2013

Which host?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Interesting, could be a nice lowendspirit.com node as long as it is not with Hetzner /me spits on Hetzner

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013
  • You'd think he would mention the host.

• Doubt it, they offer 5TB bandwidth with all servers and don't offer 1500GB disks as far as im aware.

• @AnthonySmith said: Interesting, could be a nice lowendspirit.com node as long as it is not with Hetzner /me spits on Hetzner

But the bandwidth sucks. Otherwise it could host 128 LES VPSs.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@nutjob you would be surprised how little people actually use, between all users on the node just under 300 GB was actually used last month :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said: @nutjob you would be surprised how little people actually use, between all users on the node just under 300 GB was actually used last month :)

Just out of interest is the majority of your traffic for the lowendspirit going over IPv6 or IPv4?

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited April 2013

@AnthonySmith said: you would be surprised how little people actually use

Just you wait until I fire up my software, I'll be choking the pipe 24/7!

But seriously, the problem is that you should have the facility to provide it if people want to use it, and 2TB is really low and I imagine excess usage is expensive. If only 4 people (1/16th) decided they wanted to max out their bandwidth, you'd be in trouble. You'd certainly want to have more history, I imagine most people are like me in that they haven't got around to setting up their servers.

• @nutjob said: Just you wait until I fire up my software, I'll be choking the pipe 24/7!

In the context of your selected username, is that a euphemism?

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited April 2013

Sounds pretty much like a known hoster from FFM ;)

• FreekFreek Member

Sorry about that. Host is IP-Projects.