Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP not accessible and Kloxo Too
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP not accessible and Kloxo Too

picypicy Member
edited April 2013 in General

I am noob in server administration.

But i have done many os installs and control panel installation.

As soon i done the installation of os and the when i give the ip in address bar and check it will show " it works or an apache page".

But now it is not showing anything and also i tried installing kloxo and then access the ip using port 7778 and also not showing why?

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Apache address: /var/www

Delete the index.HTML if you put files there

• picypicy Member

I can't even access kloxo. Do i need to setup things first in IPMI ?

I just got the os Preinstalled and then i installed using my main ip provided. And i have 5 usable ips and none works in browser.

• @picy said: I am noob in server administration.

well thats for sure.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said: Apache address: /var/www

Delete the index.HTML if you put files there

Try this then respond to people trying to help you so we can go through a process of elimination, you wont get much help by ignoring suggestions and just opening new threads.

• picypicy Member

I just installed kloxo and there is no var/www as it will have different directory

@picy said: As soon i done the installation of os and the when i give the ip in address bar and check it will show " it works or an apache page".

This means apache was already installed and then you installed kloxo on top of it which will cause problems for the avg noob, I suggest you just reinstall the OS remove apache and then install kloxo.

Obviously there are other ways to fix this but given your level of experience it would probably be faster just to reinstall and do things properly, or just buy a managed VPS and have someone do it for you.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@picy said: I just installed kloxo and there is no var/www as it will have different directory

This is located in /var/www folder.

Also after Kloxo installation you should be given a link via the SSH console to your control panel.

Edit: Well, basically what @AnthonySmith said is 100% correct.

• picypicy Member

@AnthonySmith I own a dedi and they gave me a IPMI . Is is possible to rinstall Ubuntu with raid 1 setup remotely?

• picypicy Member

@HalfEatenPie Yes i had done many number of install but this time it didnt work and i dont whats the error. And also before installing kloxo too i didnt see any page like

"It works" When an os is just installed.

• oh goodness.... please tell me you're kidding?
    Get KVM over IP.

• try scripts in /scripts folder ?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@picy said: @AnthonySmith I own a dedi and they gave me a IPMI . Is is possible to rinstall Ubuntu with raid 1 setup remotely?

If its their newest LEB offer (L5420) then yes. Open up the java console and on the top bar it states mount OS (by the way, you should probably download and select the ubuntu ISO).

@picy said: Yes i had done many number of install but this time it didnt work and i dont whats the error. And also before installing kloxo too i didnt see any page like

That's highly unlikely, unless you forgot to disable SELinux during installation (which is probably the case).

@curtisg said: Get KVM over IP.

IPMI is perfectly fine :P

• picypicy Member
    edited April 2013

But i have slow internet , is there any way to do remotely.

Downloading image file of 700 mb is huge

• Are you still on OVH?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2013

@picy said: Is is possible to rinstall Ubuntu with raid 1 setup remotely?

you know Kloxo only works with centos 5 32 bit?

@picy said: But i have slow internet , is there any way to do remotely.

you can do a net install you can follow this guide:

http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/centos-netinstall-network-installation/

• picypicy Member

There is a version available for centos 64 bit and now i am with servermania

• MunMun Member

Do a debian netinstall?

• Stop messing about and install a fresh version of CentOS 6 with Virtualmin:

wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/install.sh&&; chmod +x install.sh&& ./install.sh

One line command.. i couldn't make it any simpler for you :)

@GetKVM_Ash said: Stop messing about and install a fresh version of CentOS 6 with Virtualmin:

This^ because the last thing we want is yet another open resolver in OVH to be used in amplification attacks.

• @AnthonySmith said: This^ because the last thing we want is yet another open resolver in OVH to be used in amplification attacks.

+1.. We have spoken :P

• picypicy Member

Yes.

Vitrual min is easy to operate?

• As easy as any other free panel, yeah.

@picy said: Vitrual min is easy to operate?

As easy as 1. 2. Linux so yes... but well... you know.... I don't want to be rude, I think you should just get a shared hosting reseller package

• @AnthonySmith said: As easy as 1. 2. Linux so yes... but well... you know.... I don't want to be rude, I think you should just get a shared hosting reseller package

Or a sys admin :)

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2013

did you have a look at the centos netinstall? the image size is like 14MB

-just to add. you should install proxmox so you don't have to keep re-installing the OS on the Dedi..

• picypicy Member

@earl said: did you have a look at the centos netinstall? the image size is like 14MB

Thanks a lot for this info. I will give a try.

• Kloxo control panel uses Lighttpd. From the control panel you can then choose Apache or Lighttpd for your websites. The latest Kloxo fork also provide you with nginx option.

Oh by the way, don't install from the Kloxo host-in-a-box the file structures changes since version 6.1.7

• @picy Sorry, didn't realize you have opened several threads about Kloxo here. I suggest you go to their forum and ask there, or at mratwork.com (Kloxo fork)

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited April 2013

Why you no learn linux administration on vps? I suggest you using DO for learning purpose. Easy reinstallation and kvm vps.