Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who is the best Hardware vendor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So who is the best Hardware vendor

BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

As we grow I am always looking for the best solution.

Right now we have been ordering from Ingram and CDW.

Not always the best on price. Wanted to see who is the top recommended vendors for ram and hard drives

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Amazon?

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Amazon or Newegg, their pricing is usually within a few dollars of each other so the only factors are shipping costs and taxes (if applicable). Amazon started charging taxes recently depending on the state so in some cases Newegg is cheaper while in other cases the free shipping at Amazon makes it cheaper than Newegg.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Amazon and Newegg are fine. For any type of cabling we use Monoprice.

• CDW, TigerDirect, or Supermicro Direct.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Which location?

• PrColoPrColo Member
    edited October 2016

I was doing Newegg but now I just go through Supermicro because of the deals.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I have ordered a few things from amazon but its not like building a good relation with a vendor. That when something comes up they are just a willing to make a deal happen as you are to keep your business with them.

Thanked by 1PrColo
  • Amazon and Newegg are typically on-par with each other. If you're near a local MicroCenter physical store, the can sell their CPU at or below cost.

• @hostswithmost said:
    Amazon and Newegg are typically on-par with each other. If you're near a local MicroCenter physical store, the can sell their CPU at or below cost.

They also price match. It helps if you don't want to wait for something to get shipped.

• VitaVita Member
    edited October 2016

Don't know if I should ask here, could someone recommend a good place to buy cheap used servers and equipment from ( preferably in Europe )?

Thanks!

Thanked by 1PrColo