Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a script or automatic installer for Jekyll?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a script or automatic installer for Jekyll?

Is there a script or automatic installer for Jekyll? I want to build my virtual server. Do you know that you have a script or autoloader?

Site: jekyllrb.com - static site generator

Thanks.

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Why? The point is that you don't run it on your server.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

lowend_explorer said: Is there a script or automatic installer for Jekyll? I want to build my virtual server. Do you know that you have a script or autoloader?

Sure is...right on the front page of jekyllrb.com!

• jhjh Member

www.rvm.io in case you haven't seen it already.

• @jh I did not understand? :(

Do not have someone to help you? @raindog308

lowend_explorer said: Do not have someone to help you? @raindog308

What exactly do you need help with? Run that command. Use jekyll. Publish your fantastic blog to your web server. The world then surfs to you.

Maybe asking what specifically you are having a problem with would lead to better results than "I need help", "I need a script", etc.

Have you even tried installing it?

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @raindog308 Can you write that I set up a server?

• LeeLee Veteran

lowend_explorer said: @raindog308 Can you write that I set up a server?

Jekyll is not for you, you clearly do not understand how it works, how do you expect to do anything with it once you get up and running..

lowend_explorer said: @raindog308 Can you write that I set up a server?

Yes. lowend_explorer setup a server.

Lee said: Jekyll is not for you, you clearly do not understand how it works, how do you expect to do anything with it once you get up and running..

This. Sorry, @lowend_explorer, if you are unwilling to read then you're hopeless.

I mean, there's a quick start guide available in two clicks from jekyllrb.com...what failed when you tried those steps?

• LeeLee Veteran

I will tell you this though, I found the compile time when Jekyll gets beyond a 100 or so pages is painfully slow. I far prefer Hugo overall.

Thanked by 1raindog308

Lee said: I will tell you this though, I found the compile time when Jekyll gets beyond a 100 or so pages is painfully slow. I far prefer Hugo overall.

On my todo list to set that up...heard some amazing things about giant 10,000-page sites compiling in seconds.

Not that I have a 10,000-page site or anything but I like the look of Going Go and I'm becoming a golang nerd, so Hugo seems natural.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @raindog308 What components do I need to install?

@lowend_explorer said:
    @raindog308 What components do I need to install?

You've got to be trolling at this point.

Thanked by 2Falzo BeardyUnixGuy
This discussion has been closed.