Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Templates

ihadpihadp Member
edited October 2016 in General

Hi Guys,

I have been considering building KVM templates, primarily for SolusVM, as I don't believe there are any "active" repos around anymore. I don't believe SolusVM has been adding new templates to their repo in quite a while and Stacklet hasn't been updated in almost a year.

I would likely release them for free, it would be similar the templates I have been building for Online.net & Kimsufi.

Would any of you guys find something like this valuable?

If you do, would you consider donating to support such a cause?

--

Fair bit of warning, I have haven't built KVM templates for SolusVM is a while, but I am confident it will all come back to me with a bit of force :)

--

Thoughts?

KVM Templates
  1. Would you find any value?3 votes
    1. Maybe
      33.33%
    2. No
        0.00%
    3. Yes
      66.67%

Comments

• @everyone, thank you for the votes/feedback so far.

Would y'all mind elaborating on the templates you find would be the most important..ie. which ones do you need?

• For those whom responded to the poll, before it apparently broke, thank you!

It doesn't look like there is enough interest to push forward on this front.

• I've personally created a few that have been uploaded to the SolusVM TDM, some updates some that weren't available.

Not hard to make, just depends if your willing to keep them updated.

• @AshleyUk said:
    I've personally created a few that have been uploaded to the SolusVM TDM, some updates some that weren't available.

Not hard to make, just depends if your willing to keep them updated.

I was polling to see if there was enough demand here on LET for me to spend the time on building them. Personally I have no use for them, but since I have been in the industry for so long now I thought about making them as a way to give back a little.

The responses I got before the poll took a shit didn't really show there was a need for such templates so I don't think I will be moving forward.

• I've re-created the poll for you.

• @Ishaq said:
    I've re-created the poll for you.

Awesome, thanks.

Any idea why it broke?