Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open VZ Setup Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Open VZ Setup Needed

Hello, I have taken an 16GB Dedicated Server. I need to setup OpenVZ and Solus VM on the same. Let me know if any one can take this as a task or direct me to a complete guide. The Host OS is Ubuntu 14.10.
Thankyou

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited October 2016

You need to use RHEL/CentOS/Scientific 5 or 6 for SolusVM. I think they also have 7 support as well now.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • How much time does it take for creating 4VMs(Installing Client OS & IP Allotment)

• nithins said: How much time does it take for creating 4VMs(Installing Client OS & IP Allotment)

SolusVM handles all the CLI for you, it should take around 2 mins to create 4 VMs?

• Let me have a guide to install OpenVZ and Solus on Cent OS 7. http://lintut.com/how-to-install-openvz-on-centos/
    We are finding trouble as vzkernel cannot be found

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I can do the basic setup for 80USD, and OpenVZ templates for 20USD. PM me if you're interested.

• I can do it all for $50. Any additional templates $2

• @MrGeneral said:
    I can do the basic setup for 80USD, and OpenVZ templates for 20USD. PM me if you're interested.

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    I can do it all for $50. Any additional templates $2

What is the world coming to if mr El Cheapo is not the cheapest option anymore...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You cant use solusm + centos7 for openvz

You will need to use centos 6 as your host OS.

Based on the questions you have asked just don't bother, you obviously are not going to be using it for paid hosting, just install proxmox instead.

• @teamacc said:

@MrGeneral said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

What is the world coming to if mr El Cheapo is not the cheapest option anymore...

I live on the streets of Bradistan. My family live in Londonistan. I have not seen them since the bombings of 2013. I beg for food and money. I live off McDonalds saver menu. 99p is a burger for me. I have 1 a day. But with the running from the burglaries I manage to work off the excess fat. If I manage to get a large money from a steal I will treat to a subway or a full happy meal. Rough times ahead

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited October 2016

Op is this for "business"? If yes. Then stop. You lack basic Google skill. Any who, Plus solusvm installer will install everything you need.

If you want to stick with Ubuntu similarity, promox is perfectly fine for homebrew projects.

If it is too much, 25$ and I will get that done for you.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2016

@teamacc said:

@MrGeneral said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

I'm not cheap when it comes to work, only cheap to purchase VPS I'll barely use so that actually makes me smart :p

I've done many business here and am pleased to continue to do so :)

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • maclethalmaclethal Member
    edited October 2016

If you need openvz, stop here. Use proxmox, much simple and straight forward, can set your all 4 vps plus proxmox up for 15$

• maclethal said: can set your all 4 vps plus proxmox up for 15$

and the race to the bottom continues.

• PrColoPrColo Member
    edited October 2016

$80 or so should be sufficient that's around the cost most providers charge for 30 minutes of management, $80 it probably still considered low end cost for management.

Thanked by 2MikePT Ole_Juul
  • Maybe use a free openvz panel, and all the openvz standard templates are free of cost, get them from openvz.org