Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with noez.de
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with noez.de

kush_ogkush_og Member
edited October 2016 in General

Hello. Im new here. And sorry for my bad speak in English. Now I want to tell you my experience with noez.de.
So, this is Germany Provider. Website is in Germany language, but this is not a problem.
They have a great plan "Atom" for 0,80 euro per month. And I wanted to try it.

It was 30.09.2016

I was registered successfully and select this plan (vServer Atom). And once they offered me to deposit money.
And I deposit money to my account. For 1 euro. Pay by Bitcoin.
This process also was successful, and now I have a 1 euro at my account.

Then... After money deposit, they needed a phone verification (voice). AND HERE IS THE PROBLEM. My phone number is begins from "+7", it is Russian. I just inputed my real phone number into a input webform, and it was a error message, that reported that they cant do a verification with my phone number and they offer me to use a Twilio service. Twilio is service which provide a virtual phone numbers, SIP, etc. I never used it before.

I thought, well... Its cool. I registered an twilio for free trial account. Because I have never used this service before, I had problems and began to understand, how it works. I made a virtual Germany number. While I understood how it works, I made several attempts to Verify phone number (it was button "try again with different phone number"). So, after 4-5 tries, was error message "No more verification possible, sorry!", and Im no longer able to verify phone. But i still not verify and cant do ANYTHING on site.

I became sad.

So, after that, I wanted to talk with Support and opened a ticket (#bb4207f68). Look at screenshot.

I told them that I have a problem with phone verification. And translate my message into Dutch language by Google Translate.
There was no reply within 30+ hours. And 1.10.16 I close ticket. And make new ticket, look at screenshot. (I changed the department, and translate into Germany.) Second ticket number #431650eaa. For this 2 tickets, my agent was Luka Nyman.

And second ticket no reply within over 25 hours.
They have money I deposit before.
I cant verify my phone number. I cant do anything. And no reply by support.

I think this is great service, but many problems create bad feeling.
Its really hard way to deploy.

Why they do no make phone verification BEFORE I deposit money?

Why this verification do not support phone numbers from Russia?

Support is long reply, no its 3rd day they dont reply. I just need verify. If they dont allow customers from Russia, they need to reply. And moneyback.

What do you thing of this situation?

Comments

• TomTom Member

Could it be that they don't work/reply on weekends?

• dont expect any support after 4pm in germany, except they advertise 24/7 support.

sunday is off-day. tomorrow is also a national holiday (unity day of germoney)

the point of sms verification is not that you can stay 100% anonym.

paid with bitcoins, russian ip, german (fake/virtual) phone nr. do you notice something?

wait until tuesday.

• @stasi said:
    dont expect any support after 4pm in germany, except they advertise 24/7 support.

sunday is off-day. tomorrow is also a national holiday (unity day of germoney)

the point of sms verification is not that you can stay 100% anonym.

paid with bitcoins, russian ip, german (fake/virtual) phone nr. do you notice something?

wait until tuesday.

It was not sms-verification. They want VOICE.
    I tried my real Russian number and THEY OFFER me to use Twilio.
    Russian IP, so what? What do you mean?
    Pay using bitcoins BECAUSE it is the most comfortable payment method here in Russia. I dont have PayPal.
    I used HostSailor before, and it was no problem with paying BTC or Russian IP.

Sure, I will wait.

• I still think that depositing money before phone verifiction is really not good idea, if they have problems with verifying international phone numbers.

• stasistasi Member
    edited October 2016

@kush_og said:
    I still think that depositing money before phone verifiction is really not good idea, if they have problems with verifying international phone numbers.

most ridicuous type of customer.

dude, just calm the fuck down and chill until tuesday and stop crying around.

they wont open the office for a 1€ vps verification.

• Why do people not understand Dutch != Deutsch/German?

Thanked by 3Bochi kush_og ucxo
  • hello,

sorry i have to fill in, but noez is just horrid.

let me outline why i have to give such a bad review:

1. their so called "phone support" is absolutely laughable, you call and ALWAYS get made to make a return call appointment, which basically means you spend your time calling, but never get to speak to anyone who actually is in charge, what exactly is the point of a phone call, only to make another return call appointment? (and no this was not out of business hours, regular german work hours and under the week days).

this has happened 3x times over different days and always the same pattern.

and even worse they dont even call back, neither requested via ticket and nor at the phone directly, never had a return back call.

1. their panel contains many bugs/things which needs to be improved, but where should i start.
    • go and try to make a credit card payment, an error will appear stating "you are not allowed to use CC as first payment method" ok good, that would make sense if i were a new customer who has not paid with bitcoin plenty of times before, so not really a new customer who tries to add funds for the first time.

• no email reminder about your expiring services, not one word, no warning a trivial feature that could atleast be optional, sure you can blame the customer for not keeping up with his product expiry dates, but once you have many servers, a simple email reminder surely does the trick, not hard to implement.

• there was (maybe still may be - havent tested it anymore) a serious bug in the bitcoin payment system, something which i will not further outline in public, but so much it leads to paid invoices without an actual payment.

• become unlucky and try to make a ticket and bump into the cloudflare block, this is remarkable, because you try to make ONE ticket, literally and use your regular home DSL IP and yet you bump into cloudflare block, this prevents the customer to make any ticket at all, the question is why do i never run into such issues with any other provider, ever and they do use cloudflare too.

simply put if you have a bad day and cloudflare jumps in, even though you only try to open one ticket, you will not be able to make any ticket anymore for 12-24 hours, try to change the IP it will not help.

• servers get suspended because of too much traffic, that said suspending a server for this reason is not the issue here and totally understandable, but would you think they contact you about it beforehand, or let alone afterwards in any shape or form? NO!

a prior "important note: dear customer, your server is about to reach X amount of traffic, would you like to buy more bandwidth now, if not the server will be suspended once it hits X amount of traffic!" would of been sufficient, but no.

a simple thing, but hard for noez it seems, just dont be surprised if your server is offline and dont be surprised to spend your time to try and solve it with them.

1. we have an offline server for one week now, to be more clear, we came late in renew time (due to no email reminder) which was our fault and contacted support 1-2 days later, whether an old IP of us would be still available.

it was made clear the IP is important to us and we would almost do anything to get it back, 2 days no response, no single reply.

three days later first reply to support ticket that said the IP would be still available, we were happy and informed them to please route it to our new ordered server, another 2 days passed after that until support asked to confirm the costs of a 3€ IP, when we explained them 100x times that we need the IP back at all costs and even ordered a new server for this purpose that costs 100€ around.

so all you get is a pseudo question which wastes more time for no reason, another 2-3 days have passed and we have still not gotten the available IPs back.

conclusion:

be glad when your server runs - and in most cases your server will be operational - but just dont expect any useful support.

if you can deal with all the mentioned things and the fact the support is horrid and will drag you down even more when in need, then this is the right provider.

to be fair i want to say mariuz the CEO - used to be a good operator - but as outlined above this has gotten really worse over the time, they just cant keep up with the expansion of the service it seems to me, there are many things which need a serious polishing now and for the future.

another sad part is some panel bugs have existed since 1.5 years ago already and they still do and when trying to make them aware of it the response you get is "this isnt a support mail" this is the reply you will get when you actually take your own time trying to explain the flaws and bugs "this isnt a support mail" and that's really about it, as if there were any other place to report such bugs anyways.

on the good side is the servers are usually online and operational, therefore as long as you dont expect support and always pay on time, you should be good to go, if you are ok to deal with all the poorly thought out surroundings and the bad support.

• I use their VPS over 2 month, everything running just fine.