Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if everyone who wanted to start a web hosting company applied for an indiegogo...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What if everyone who wanted to start a web hosting company applied for an indiegogo...

twaintwain Member
edited March 2013 in General

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hostable-co-redefining-web-hosting

This has been done before, perhaps the best by http://www.nosupportlinuxhosting.com/... do they really need an indiegogo?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

Lol. If you don't have the money to start a shared hosting business, you either don't have a home and you're stupid because you can't run it from Starbucks alone, or you're stupid because you think you're capable yet can't shave $20 off your budget.

Either way.... Good find :)

Lol

• twaintwain Member
    edited March 2013

@jarland - yep, I think you actually MIGHT be able to get this idea/business off the ground without indiegogo funding... just maybe... So who wants to be the first contributor? :)

• I mean they're definitely trying to use crowdsourcing to get themselves the initial startup cash. Its definitely different, but I don't see it actually coming to fruition.

• I believe that web hosting company don't need big start-up cash, the most important is the one who behind it and the concept about niche market he targeting.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hostable.co?

There's already a hostable.com and they launched several years ago.

FAIL.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited April 2013

Always wondered if there are any hosts providing VPS services with Bash or CLI access only to their clients..?

• twaintwain Member

@natestamm - you mean "web-hosting services" ? I think plenty do... when I used Steadfast a long long time ago for shared hosting, they allowed shell access.

• @twain Mmm no, VPS hosts.

• @twain That is, I wouldn't consider a "VPS host" to refer to shared space on a VM.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited April 2013

@twain If it clarifies we could say *shared space on a HW node *Just without all the bells and whistles lots of hosts here provide, I've bought from theplanet before and had options similar available to me for a Dedi.

• twaintwain Member
    edited April 2013

@natestamm - Oh do you mean a VPS provider basically just providing a VPS/VM, but with no web-based control panel interface for the client? If so, then, for sure, yes, such as the folks who "don't assume you are stupid." They actually wrote the book on Xen. Happens to be an excellent book by the way.