Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really struggling with KimSufi + Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Really struggling with KimSufi + Windows

I've installed multiple times but does not connect VIA RDP could someone give it a go? I can pay via PP

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

2 things:

1. Uefi. You need to make an install via uefi.
    2. Lan drivers. Is your kimsufo the gigabit L card? You need to modify the driver, boot in disable drive enforcement, and.install it using pnputil
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited October 2016

Which template did you use? PM me your details (Kimsufi IP and rescue mode password) and I can have a look.

• I have been building templates for Online.net's Personal Range of servers, however the templates should be fully compatible with Kimsufi as well.

Link: https://www.whatuptime.com/

In the event you are unable to get the template working and would be willing to work with me I will certainly see what I can do to ensure the templates I am building are compatible with Kimsufi servers as well.

Thread here - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/92744/online-net-dedibox-xc-sc-2016-windows-templates#latest

• Just spin up Proxmox and create a big VM (KVM), and install Windows in it. Easiest solution.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Vita said:
    Just spin up Proxmox and create a big VM (KVM), and install Windows in it. Easiest solution.

You would be stuck with NAT then, which may not work for everyone.

• VitaVita Member
    edited October 2016

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@Vita said:
    Just spin up Proxmox and create a big VM (KVM), and install Windows in it. Easiest solution.

You would be stuck with NAT then, which may not work for everyone.

I guess, that could be a problem for some people, although you can always easily forward a range of ports you use or any other port at any time, with some simple tweaking (iptables).

There are a lot of tutorials how to setup a NAT VPS inside Proxmox and also how to forward single ports or ranges.

Thanked by 1ihadp
  • Make sure you have the correct user and password.