Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

website change monitoring script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

website change monitoring script

Looking for a self hosted script which monitors a website for changes. I have used free tier of services like visualping but their free tier has lots of limitations. I am looking for 10 min checks on a particular page

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Use script to download to body of a website, then make a hash/checksum of that data. Do this periodically and compare the checksums to identify changes.

Dyamic websites might have a high number of difference because of cdn and advertising though

• Do you also want to save the changes, you could make use of services like:

They are not self-hosted though.
    For this I would just use short Python script and Beatiful Soup, should be an easy task implemented in a few minutes.

• @Bochi said:
    Do you also want to save the changes, you could make use of services like:

They are not self-hosted though.
    For this I would just use short Python script and Beatiful Soup, should be an easy task implemented in a few minutes.

Thanks for the feedback.I am not really good at python.Can you help me with this?