Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commercial uses of dedicated servers VPS excluded
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Commercial uses of dedicated servers VPS excluded

goexodusgoexodus Member
edited March 2013 in General

I was wondering how people actually make a leaving out of their servers except the obvious VPS rental type of think. I was reading for example some posts about gameservers but i am too old to understand the business behind. Blogging + advertising is far fetched for sure unless you hit the jackpot niche early on. Bitmining does not cover stamp costs. I am just curious ...

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

You can use the VPS for: Online shops, company website

• Commercial uses of dedicated servers
    I was wondering how people actually make a leaving out of their servers except the obvious VPS rental type

I wouldn't call renting a dedicated server to provide low end VPS services an obvious way to make a living. A large percentage of low end providers are still working day jobs because they're not making enough from their "I'm the CEO of a provider with 2-3 rented budget dedis" gig to make a living.

• jeffjeff Member

I am working on selling turnkey websites in niche areas. These websites once sold will require vps or dedi, some may come with a server and services contract too. No I haven't been at it long, but that is what I am doing presently from home while the wife works and I take care of the kids.