Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedibox XC/SC 2016 Windows Templates - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedibox XC/SC 2016 Windows Templates

Comments

• @smallbibi said:
    Ahh thanks, I tried using the links in the original post which are dead now. I'll report back soon after trying to install windows on my KS-3C :)

Unfortunately I can't edit the original post :(

• Either I did something wrong, or this method doesn't work on kimsufi anymore. I have no idea what happened, but apparently it took too long to reboot or the image you prepared didn't have the internet drivers or something and kimsufi flagged my server and said they would intervene because my server was "faulty" because they couldn't ping it. :\

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited November 2016

Nevermind.

• Luke007Luke007 Member
    edited November 2016

@smallbibi Disable monitoring before booting to recovery and keep it disabled. It works fine with Kimsufi servers.

• @smallbibi said:
    Either I did something wrong, or this method doesn't work on kimsufi anymore. I have no idea what happened, but apparently it took too long to reboot or the image you prepared didn't have the internet drivers or something and kimsufi flagged my server and said they would intervene because my server was "faulty" because they couldn't ping it. :\

You will need to disable the monitoring inside your Kimsufi control panel as it will automatically try to reboot your server when it fails to respond to ping.

Once you have installed the Microsoft Windows template and rebooted your server you will need to connect via RDP (Remote Desktop). The Windows firewall configuration is running with default settings beyond allowing RDP and as such will not respond to ping.

The templates are fully compatible with all of the Intel based Kimsufi servers. We have actually purchased multiple different Kimsufi servers in order to ensure compatibility with the drivers we built into the templates.

• You guys are right, it worked but I was afraid kimsufi would catch me so I hurriedly reinstalled ubuntu onto my server. Please kindly bear with another one of my noob questions -- my server has 2 TB of hdd but there's only 14.6 GB on drive C. How do I access the rest of the storage?

• start->computer (right click) -> manage->disk manager->right click on your C: drive->expand

Follow onscreen instructions after that

• I want to make my own template for online/kimsufi/ovh and I have forgot the command I use in the template for adding Intel PRO drivers. I remember that I added one and one driver with a command, but what command do I use. Stupid me that I did not bookmark the page I used last time.

• @myhken said:
    I want to make my own template for online/kimsufi/ovh and I have forgot the command I use in the template for adding Intel PRO drivers. I remember that I added one and one driver with a command, but what command do I use. Stupid me that I did not bookmark the page I used last time.

Are you looking to force install the .exe from Intel or have you already extracted the .inf files?

• IHaveADarkPassenger said: Are you looking to force install the .exe from Intel or have you already extracted the .inf files?

I found the command: pnputil.exe -a *.inf I have extracted the .inf files from the .exe file. But is it more easy to use a command on the .exe file?

• @myhken said:

IHaveADarkPassenger said: Are you looking to force install the .exe from Intel or have you already extracted the .inf files?

I found the command: pnputil.exe -a *.inf I have extracted the .inf files from the .exe file. But is it more easy to use a command on the .exe file?

pnputil will be your best bet.

• hello,
    can this be installed on hetzner dedicated server/vServer?

• @didtav said:
    hello,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with our their network is designed, do they allocate IPs via DHCP?

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited December 2016

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@didtav said:
    hello,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with our their network is designed, do they allocate IPs via DHCP?

I think they offer IPMI so he can just locally log in, and edit the network settings.

• @vladka24 said:

@didtav said:
    hello,

I think they offer IPMI so he can just locally log in, and edit the network settings.

In that case they should work, but I haven't performed any testing.

• I was visited your website and i see different file for each provider, why don't you create single (universal) file for all provider?

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited December 2016

@robohost said:
    I was visited your website and i see different file for each provider, why don't you create single (universal) file for all provider?

The guides are vendor specific, however the templates are universal.

The only caveat for the moment is KVM based virtual machines, you will want to ensure you use the templates listed in the DigitalOcean guide as they have a new set of drivers included for VirtIO (They are the "beta" templates for the moment).

• Just getting back to this. I was able to snapshot the Vultr install, and spin up another instance in the same location, as long as I didn't put in the registration code. So now I can use both OVH and Vultr for my needs.

Has anyone tried these on other providers, specifically other hourly providers? I like that they work on DO, however I don't like having to put in the support ticket for it. So if you know if rescue mode is part of the control panel, please let me know.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited December 2016

@vladka24 said:

@didtav said:
    hello,

In that case they should work, but I haven't performed any testing.

Hetzner stock ubuntu install has hardcoded ips, no dhcp.

Edit: although their vps line should have an ip that is identical for ALL of the boxes (some ip with full NAT setup iirc)

• @IHaveADarkPassenger

Have you available any of these link?

I would like to install Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (Long Term Service Branch) x64 on Online.net Personal Range (XC 2016 & SC 2016)

• @YorkiS said:
    @IHaveADarkPassenger

Have you available any of these link?

I would like to install Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (Long Term Service Branch) x64 on Online.net Personal Range (XC 2016 & SC 2016)

I am in the process of grabbing a new server to serve the template downloads. The demand has increased dramatically over the last couple months and the current server is no longer able to keep up (bandwidth wise).

Everything should be available again within the next 48 hours.

• Updated Online.net Installation Tutorial - https://www.whatuptime.com/installing-microsoft-windows-online-net-personal-range-xc-2016-sc-2016/

I combined all of the Online.net tutorials into a single article, as opposed to one per OS.

Thanked by 1VPN
  • smallbibi said: but I was afraid kimsufi would catch me

Keep monitoring turned off and they won't "catch you" or do anything about you running Windows Server on your Kimsufi server, they don't really care as long as it's not causing any issues.

• wow! This is great

• These templates are fairly old and will only work with a limited number of machines FYI.

My newer templates have significantly more compatibility including for cloud services like DigitalOcean.

Thanked by 1jacno
  • jacnojacno Member
    edited February 2017

hey thanks for sharing @ihaveadarkpassenger .

• @jacno said:
    hey thanks for sharing @ihaveadarkpassenger .

You're welcome!

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited February 2017

For those whom are coming across this thread, here is a quick update to ensure you find everything.

--

Vultr, DigitalOcean, OVH, etc. will need to use this guide: https://www.whatuptime.com/installing-microsoft-windows-onto-digitalocean-droplet/

The guide is specific to DigitalOcean, however the templates will work on most any KVM based VPS/Cloud provider where a rescue mode or boot from ISO is available.

--

Online.net, Kimsufi, OVH, SoYouStart, etc. will need to use this guide: https://www.whatuptime.com/installing-microsoft-windows-online-net-personal-range-xc-2016-sc-2016/

The guide is specific to Online.net, however the templates support a very wide variation of server hardware.

--

Have questions? Please post here - https://www.whatuptime.com/community/

--

That said, I am still planning to create several more tutorials when I have time to assist with the installation onto Kimsufi, SoYouStart, etc.

I am also planning to create a tutorial on how I create the templates as well, however it will likely still be a while due to the length of that article or the limited time I have available presently.

Thanked by 1YorkiS
  • but you aint managed scaleway yet :)