Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZNC Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZNC Issue

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in Help

Hey, any idea how to make ZNC join multiple networks? For example, freenode and quakenet.

I've added freenode which works fine but when I add another one and connect via IRC, it only joins freenode.

Comments

• /server ip port username/networkname:password

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@BradND said: /server ip port username/networkname:password

Didn't seem to work unless I'm using it wrong, haha. I mean I added the network to ZNC but it only connects me to the first one I added (freenode).

• qjqqjq Member

you need to add another user
    znc assumes that all your servers are for the same network

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

You need multiple users.

• I've always done this by adding another user. I have my initial user set up with all of the account details to connect to the first IRC network. Then I create a second user, usually name it with the name of the network, like 'efnet' and use all the details needed to join the second network.

Then I connect to the first network/user in VNC and then open another server session in my client and /server myzncserver.rocks 1234 efnet:mypass

There might be a simpler way but this is already pretty simple and works great for me everyday.

• jellyjelly Member

update znc to 1.0 and it supports multiple networks per-user. you join by using the server password in the form "user/networkname:password"

for example "jelly/freenode:password"

I've managed to get the user to join the multiple networks, but I can't get it to connect to multiple networks in my IRC client. It only seems to want to connect to one of them at a time - I can't log into multiple (i.e. freenode and quakenet) ://

• IshaqIshaq Member

What error is *status giving you?

Resolved. :) Just needed to create multiple connections in my IRC client for each network I wanted to go on. Works now.

• IshaqIshaq Member

I thought so :P

• @HostUS said: You need multiple users.

not really (at least with 1.0 and 1.1 git snapshot - I prefer snapshots)

• @qjq said: you need to add another user

znc assumes that all your servers are for the same network

Naw... the version in the ubuntu 13.04 repo's recognizes multiple networks on a single user.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ksx4system said: @HostUS said: You need multiple users.

not really (at least with 1.0 and 1.1 git snapshot - I prefer snapshots)

God, i'm still on 0.8 lol

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Can someone explain me a use for a znc?

• @netomx said: Can someone explain me a use for a znc?

First, if you're on FreeNode or other IRC network that doesn't hide your hostname/IP (and you don't want to register and request a cloak) then your ZNC/VPS IP will be shown (basically hiding your home IP).

Second, you'll be "always online", and when properly configured you can (and most likely will) receive missed messages (if someone pings you).

Third, its just really convenient.

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited March 2013

Hey Guys,

so i have a problem with ZNC.

I run a small server for znc usage, it has like 40 users. (free service for friends from irc)

So one of my IPs got blacklisted on DroneBL, i send an mail and asked how could i whitelist it. They told me i did not have ident enabled on my ZNC server.

I did enabled the "ident file" parameter on the znc control panel and i am shure i have the ident file module enabled but it seems thats not what DroneBL is looking for because they denied again the whitelisting.

Any idea what they could mean with enabling the ident for the users???

Really apreciate some help...

• Do you have an identd (such as oidentd) installed on your server, and is it allowed through iptables? Also, is it running?