Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Failed to fork.... what?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Failed to fork.... what?

Getting these emails from my mail daemon...

Where do I start looking?

Subject line:

Cron <user@hostname> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

Email body:

/etc/cron.daily/apt:

FATAL -> Failed to fork.

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2016

Here, Let me google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FATAL+->+Failed+to+fork.

Then click the first result.

I mean, I don't mind helping, but things that can literally be typed into google and found on the first result seem kinda silly to open a thread about.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Here, Let me google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FATAL+->+Failed+to+fork.

Then click the first result.

I mean, I don't mind helping, but things that can literally be typed into google and found on the first result seem kinda silly to open a thread about.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Maybe I like the conversation that goes with learning something new...?

Oh don't bother, you're too busy being a snobby cunt.

edited September 2016

grimsdottir said: Maybe I like the conversation that goes with learning something new...?

Oh don't bother, you're too busy being a snobby c***.

Or maybe your a lazy piece of s*** who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 seconds to google it? Mainly because there is no real discussion around this, other than the one generated by the fact you need someone to hold you hand while using Google.

Want to be a straight up c***, fine, I can do the same.

Eat a d***.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3rm_ mycosys Hxxx
  • grimsdottir said: Maybe I like the conversation that goes with learning something new...?

Oh don't bother, you're too busy being a snobby cunt.

Conversation is not really your strong point anyway.

• Doesn't matter what community you come to, there is always one snob that has to throw in the line "my 2 cents", as if the whole world needed to read your pretentious comment.

Forget it @TheLinuxBug your proved me wrong. I'll go off an really think before I post in this community again, wouldn't want to upset you.

edited September 2016

grimsdottir said: Forget it @TheLinuxBug your proved me wrong. I'll go off an really think before I post in this community again, wouldn't want to upset you.

I wasn't upset, and I even did all the heavy lifting for you. You on the other hand were an ungrateful asshole who called me a snobby c***for helping with something you could have figured out with about 5 seconds of using Google. Then you come here and blame me for your decision to post something pointless that contributes nothing and get mad when I point it out?

And you call me a snobby c***... eesh? If this is the quality we can expect, yes, please think before you post next time.

Cheers!

• There are much friendlier ways of expressing that feeling.

Apparently trying to understand something new is frowned upon around here.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2016

@grimsdottir he has a point though. It's not like there's a conversation opener in your OP, it's a stack-overflow "here's my problem, what's the answer" post.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Alright, I admit defeat. I won't come asking for help anymore.

/sage

• It is like the story of the 'Boy who cried wolf' though.

We don't mind helping people, if you really need help. However, coming here and asking about something that you can literally solve in less than a minute by using Google to search for the terms and then also asking "Where do I start looking?" when the answer is also you should 'Google it' seems kinda like something you could have figured out on your own? right?

So sure, we could hold your hand every time you open a silly issue wasting our time, or for those who have real problems where they spent some time actually researching the answer and are still stuck, we could expend the energy there instead. Which do you think is the better use of time?

Is it starting to make sense now?

I mean if you want to open a topic that's worth discussing, sure, lets talk, but this was a sure fire case of "I am too lazy to look and want you to do it for me" as far as I can tell.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3default switsys netomx
  • Thanked by 1netomx
  • grimsdottir said: Oh don't bother, you're too busy being a snobby cunt.

grimsdottir said: There are much friendlier ways of expressing that feeling.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Funny how many conversations I see go exactly like this in person.... Oh wait.

Thanked by 3switsys netomx Hxxx
  • @grimsdottir said:
    I'll go off an really think before I post

....this is why i hate humans. Is it REALLY that hard to f***ing think?

Thanked by 2netomx Hxxx
  • good stuff good stuff, keep up the good work community. Many lols given.

Thanked by 1mycosys
This discussion has been closed.