Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for various crypto coin wallet(s)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for various crypto coin wallet(s)

I am looking for suggestions for an expensive VPS provider, for hosting various crypto currency wallets. I need a minimum of 1 gig of ram to start, 20-30 gigs of HD space, at bare minimum, and hopefully less than $15 USD per year. Multiple IPv4 addresses a plus, however a minimum of 1 static, as well as a bunch of IPv6 is a plus for hosting multiple master nodes.

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

Expensive? You've come to the wrong place, bud.

HighEndTalk.com is always available. :)

Thanked by 1default
  • I guess people don't remember wallets getting stolen from Linode years ago

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/03/bitcoins-worth-228000-stolen-from-customers-of-hacked-webhost/

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • Crypto wallets should be stored in cold storage. If you're going to host them online you'll have to take a lot of security measures. Don't use OpenVZ and you have to encrypt your partition. I'm not sure if you can get that for $15/year.

• We have a $15/year KVM offer in the NL that you can encrypt. See my signature.

• There are ways to secure it for sure, I can assure you the practice is still fairly widely used. Yes I did mean "in"expensive sorry about that. Crypto wallets are not always cold storage, when they are for staking coins. Really needing something with more than 256 megs of ram. 1 gig would be minimum.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I'd be vary of storing a wallet even on a dedicated server, but on VPS this seems just like pure insanity. Unless your total combined cryptocoin value is less than what you paid for the VPS itself.

• My suggestion would be Arubacloud. The smallest package comes with 1gb memory, 20gb disk and 2tb bandwidth in a vmware

I'm using it for running a damacoin wallet/node.

The first time we run the wallet, it would took a high cpu load. But after sync, it will use less than 0.02 load, except bitcoin/fluttercoin or some staking coin.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    My suggestion would be Arubacloud. The smallest package comes with 1gb memory, 20gb disk and 2tb bandwidth in a vmware

I'm using it for running a damacoin wallet/node.

The first time we run the wallet, it would took a high cpu load. But after sync, it will use less than 0.02 load, except bitcoin/fluttercoin or some staking coin.

You just completely ignored the previous discussion on wallet security and VPSes. Regardless of host, nothing remote is safe. I even store my measly 0.5BTC on a CD in an "undisclosed location."