Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows RDP to Ubuntu
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows RDP to Ubuntu

http://askubuntu.com/questions/592537/can-i-access-ubuntu-from-windows-remotely

I bought a virtual server from budgetnode.com address. I installed the desktop environment for Ubuntu. I did xrdp installation. Do I write the address of the IP address of the virtual server in Windows RDP?

For expample: Windows RDP > Computer: 185.166.236.4 > Connect

I do like that?

Comments

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Why do you tag admins about this?

• @AlbaHost I called the information he could about this subject.

If your information helps you be?

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

In Windows

Windows remote connection

Enter your IP

Click connect

It asks username and pass enter it

That's all if you installed and configured correctly

• robohostrobohost Member
    edited September 2016

>

For expample: Windows RDP > Computer: 185.166.236.4 > Connect

I do like that?

Have you try that?

No one will answer all your question, try it yourself it will not blown up!!! The highest risk just damage your vps os and you can easily reinstall it

• lowend_explorer said: I called the information he could about this subject

Don't tag specific persons, especially mods, just to ask for asnwers to your noobie questions. The forums is not working this way: you post a question and then, you wait for the kindness of a member to answer you, IF he want to.
    Biasing answers to noobie questions that can be answered in a simple google search, just make you look dumbier...
    And, please, don't spam this forum every day with useless questions, it is not a help desk but a discussion forum. This is not a fair usage of a forum and you will get less attention and willing for help, if you continue this way.

Now, about your question:
    Firts of all, try it yourself. If you see any error, google it.
    If you cannot again find a solution, ask.
    In windows, you open "remote desktop connections" (it is located in accessories).
    You enter your server's ip and then, when asked, your username and password. If you have setup correctly the xrdp server, then, you will enter to your server.
    If you cannot connect or if you connect nut you all get is a gery screen, then, you didn't setup correcty xrdp in your server.
    If you use Unity in Ubuntu, then, xrdp will not work correctly or will not work at all. You have to install an alternative desktop, like KDE or LXDE.
    Use those instructions if you installed Ununtu 16.04

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Still the same stupid questions from you...the reply is in the post you linked to with howto guide and everything. Why do you need to start a thread about it here???

Thanked by 2doughmanes netomx
  • TigerVNC Client

• In order to connect via remote desktop you need xrdp to be installed, and you will require to install/configure the package xrdp, also xrdp may not work with kde gnome, it may work or it may not, also before using desktop you should ask your provide if he allows you run it.

• vote 4 ban

Thanked by 2myhken BeardyUnixGuy
  • you stupido

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @stasi said:
    vote 4 ban

+1

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Linux RDP can't be a substitute for Windows RDP. ;)

• Install a VNC server and connect that way.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2016

I'm not a doctor, yet I know stabbing a knife into my heart is bad for my health.

I'm all for learning and asking questions, but if you can't even put in some basic effort/thought . . . get yourself an Etch-A-Sketch and call it a day.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @DewlanceVPS said:
    Linux RDP can't be a substitute for Windows RDP. ;)

RDP is a protocol genius, hence the P on the end