Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting with WireSix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting with WireSix

picypicy Member
edited March 2013 in General

How many of they here hosting with wiresix and how is the support and uptime over there?

How long it takes time to get server deliverd.

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Link to $7/month VPS please.

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited March 2013

i asume @picy is talking dedi

• Wiresix is awesome. In atlanta it takes a few hours. On other locations it may take 1-2 days.

• picypicy Member

Yes i am speaking about dedi. If it take few hours in atlanta then i can go. Is there anything wrong with atlanta Dc ? Do i have to choose any other DC ?

And do they allow leagal adult stuffs ?

• @picy do you know how to configure your server and software properly this time? As far as I can remember all wiresix servers are unmanaged, so remember to hire a server management company as well.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2013

They provisioned my server in the wrong datacenter 1.5 weeks ago due to lack of inventory, and have received no word when the server will come online in the requested datacenter.

• They're a bit slow in terms of sales/billing. Support doesn't exist obviously (to be expected at the price).

Solid network and hardware.

• @jkr1711 said: Support doesn't exist obviously (to be expected at the price)

Huh? Why would anyone pay $150+/month and not get support.

• @mojeda Because for the same money at a different company you'd get peanuts in comparison

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2013

@mojeda said: Huh? Why would anyone pay $150+/month and not get support.

Can't speak for the support since I'm still waiting to get up & running, but I agree, I wouldn't pay for something without good support for it, no matter how good the hardware looks.

• nikcnikc Member

When we say support doesn't exist, what does that really mean ? Hardware failure = no support or chargeable to fix ? that kind of thing ....

• No it means that they wont help you with things that you screw up with.

Hardware etc is still their responsibility and they'll replace it for you obviously

• johnjohn Member

@jkr1711 said: No it means that they wont help you with things that you screw up with.

All of their servers are "Unmanaged". It's on the site.

• @RyanD can advise more. If you want managed, google Total Server solutions, the parent company.

If you need anything, Ryan is your man.

• @picy said: how is the support and uptime over there?

Support is not free, as written on their company page.
    It's $5 per support ticket.

• Some stupid questions about wiresix, can anyone explain for me ?

1./ when order i choise 4xsata disk + raid10 hardware + 1x128 ssd cache disk, then i get "SSD-Cached disk in raid10"?

2./ Dual Xeon L5520 deal is available in Los Angeles, is'nt it?

• RyanDRyanD Member

@nvtienvn said: 1./ when order i choise 4xsata disk + raid10 hardware + 1x128 ssd cache disk, then i get "SSD-Cached disk in raid10"?

2./ Dual Xeon L5520 deal is available in Los Angeles, is'nt it?

I need to have our order forms amended to make the SSD Cache options more clear.

1) We offer a basic option which is recomended for use with FlashCache/Bcache and an advanced option which is LSI Cachecade, there is a cost difference.

2) Yes, available in Atlanta, LA, and Chicago

• RyanDRyanD Member

@jon617 said: Can't speak for the support since I'm still waiting to get up & running, but I agree, I wouldn't pay for something without someone available to support it, no matter how good the hardware looks.

Kurt should have you squared away this evening.

• RyanDRyanD Member

@picy said: How many of they here hosting with wiresix and how is the support and uptime over there?

How long it takes time to get server deliverd.

@Picy, if this is for mp3 ripping/hosting/sharing. Please note that is NOT legal under US law and thus would not be something we would permit to be hosted on our network. Otherwise, yes, of course all legal content is welcome.

• lbftlbft Member

@RyanD said: 2) Yes, available in Atlanta, LA, and Chicago

I noticed that the coupon from your signature is no longer working, is the $99 offer over?

• @lbft said: I noticed that the coupon from your signature is no longer working, is the $99 offer over?

Bought one yesterday

Still wait it setup and run :D

• @lbft said: I noticed that the coupon from your signature is no longer working, is the $99 offer over?

Noticing this too, @RyanD :(

• Still wait ... :(

• It is over. It ended on the 31st of March.

Connor

• @RyanD any plan to extend the coupon period?

• @ftpit said: @RyanD any plan to extend the coupon period?

Already spoke to him. He said no. :(

• @nvtienvn said: Still wait ... :(

Your still waiting for setup? Open another ticket.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

No worries. there are tons of dual L5520 coming off lease

• @Connorl said: Your still waiting for setup? Open another ticket.

Thank, i've just opened another ticket, hope it be done soon