Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the best ways to improve my site's ranking?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the best ways to improve my site's ranking?

interserverMLinterserverML Member
edited March 2013 in General

I have a new website and I want it to rank higher . What are the best ways to improve my site's ranking?.. Can you help me guys?

Comments

• submit it to the Yahoo directory and to the big search engines like AltaVista, Lycos, HotBot, and Excite

Thanked by 1Magiobiwan
  • have a good and original content

• @interserverML said: I have a new website and I want it to rank higher . What are the best ways to improve my site's ranking?.. Can you help me guys?

Isn't PR5 already high enough?

• i83i83 Member
    edited March 2013

Have good content, write about things people will want to read and get backlinks from sites that people may also click through from.

EDIT - Also make sure your site is using social networks to promote content.

• @interserverML said: I have a new website and I want it to rank higher . What are the best ways to improve my site's ranking?..

You need to be more clear. Are you talking about Google Page Rank or Google Search Results Ranking for certain keywords or Alexa Rank or Compete/QuantCast Rank or something else?

• @jcaleb said: have a good and original content

agree with @jcaleb. btw beside that, you can make article periodicly post. e.g. every sunday at 6 p.m you submit your article and don't forget to promote your site to social network :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Speaking of social networks, shameless information about lowendguide.com twitter and facebook :)

Http://www.facebook.com/lowendguide
    Http://www.twitter.com/lowendguide

Like and follow .... Pretty please with sugar on top.

There will be prizes :)

• backlinks ... either automated via Nuke or with an army of indians hired guns

• MunMun Member

@goexodus said: backlinks

are getting removed and destroyed, they really aren't a good thing as much as they used to be.

However add changing content to the site, so when google checks it sees something has changed. Make a blog. Report issues, struggles, etc.

• YKMYKM Member

@jcaleb said: have a good and original content

This is the best but hard work

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2013

@interserverML said:
    I have a new website and I want it to rank higher . What are the best ways to improve my site's ranking?

1) Optimise the areas of your site that you want to promote, this includes meta tags, headings and the actual content of the pages.

2) Link to it from relevant pages/domains on other sites (beware of blackhat/spam links).

3) Use social networks alongside traditional links to assist.

or...

Hire me and I can do all that for you ;-)

• How DID you get PR5 for that site? ( no offense, it's just looks like something google hates)

I suspect SENuke, which isn't a bad thing btw. Just requires contant link building.

• He only posted this thread in March as fluff.

Notice how he never answered, but makes sure he comes back to post offers.

• haseltinehaseltine Member
    edited September 2013

Have websites with high page rank link or quote your page.
    If a high pagerank quotes or link then it gives your site credibility.
    The higher pagerank sites gives you more credibility thus pushing your pagerank forward.
    But basically that is most unlikely unless you have some juice in your site.

If you have tens and millions of pagerank 1 sites quote or link your site, then most probably you would only get pagerank 1 or 2 or maybe even 3.

If you have more than 5 pagerank 10 websites quote your site, then I'd say you would probably be at 7, 8 or even 9. [Which is very unlikely only if you are ready to pay a few grand]

Then again, pagerank is just pagerank, the most important thing you need to know is, higher pagerank gives you more credibility, thus when stuff pops up in google search your site will be given more credibility because of Higher PR.

The concept is designed based on typical thesis/doctoral you do in college or university, the only differences is people call it SEO rather than 'harvard referencing.'

• smansman Member
    edited September 2013

Th> @YKM said:

This is the best but hard work

The ONLY way is to do EXACTLY what good site ranks are intended to do. Present relevant content. Google is too good now to be fooled by ANYTHING besides relevant original content.

All the other classic methods are obsolete. If it's not hard then you are not doing it right.