Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maxed-Media -- (CA) LiteSpeed ★ cPanel ★ Order now & Save 50%★ DDos Protected ★ Shared Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Maxed-Media -- (CA) LiteSpeed ★ cPanel ★ Order now & Save 50%★ DDos Protected ★ Shared Hosting

MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep
edited September 2016 in Shared Hosting Offers

Terms of ServicePrivacy PolicyWebsite

Server Location: Canada (OVH)

For a LIMITED AMOUNT OF PEOPLE only, 10 LowEndTalk users will receive a 50% discount code to use on our enterprise or business shared hosting packages.

COUPON RULES:
Valid for new customers only.
Valid only once per client.

COUPON: LET50OFF - For a LIMITED AMOUNT OF PEOPLE only, only new customers can receive a 50% recurring discount on our enterprise or business shared hosting packages. (10 Clients Only)

COUPON: LET10OFF - For new customers, you can receive a 10% recurring discount on any of our shared hosting packages. (Unlimited Clients)

COUPON: LETBIZ - For new customers, you can receive a 20% recurring discount on our business shared hosting package. (Unlimited Clients)

WHAT'S INCLUDED IN ALL ACCOUNTS

OUR FAST AND OPTIMISED SERVICES COME WITH ONLY THE BEST OF FEATURES.

Turbo Boosted Servers
Our unique combination of enterprise hardware and superior software delivers an unparalleled performance. We also use LiteSpeed on our servers, which has proven to be 9x faster than Apache.

DDos Protection
Our network is monitored 24/7 for attacks to provide you with the best uptime possible. With Anti-DDos Mitigation/Protection in place, your website is secure from majority of DDos attacks.

Instant Activation
All our hosting packages are activated immediately upon successful payment, cutting down on the time needed to get your website online.

No Hidden Fees
No Hidden setup, activation or cancellation fees. Everything is plain and simple.

One Click Application Installer
We provide you with a fast one-click software installer to install your favorite scripts and applications.

Control Panel
All our shared hosting packages come with the well known cPanel included with it. This makes setting up and managing your website a piece of cake.

PACKAGES

===============================================

Personal Shared Hosting

30GB Storage

300GB Bandwidth

99.99% Uptime

125 Email Accounts

20 Databases

cPanel

Softaculous One-Click Installer

24/7 Security Monitoring

24/7 Technical Support

Monthly: $1.35/M (With Coupon Code LET10OFF) - Limited

Original Price: $1.50

Enterprise Shared Hosting

60GB Storage

600GB Bandwidth

99.99% Uptime

300 Email Accounts

60 Databases

cPanel

24/7 Security Monitoring

24/7 Technical Support

Monthly: $1.75/M (With Coupon Code LET50OFF) - Limited

Monthly: $3.15/M (With Coupon Code LET10OFF) - Unlimited

Original Price: $3.50

Business Shared Hosting

100GB Storage

1200GB Bandwidth

99.99% Uptime

Unlimited Email Accounts

Unlimited Databases

cPanel

24/7 Security Monitoring

24/7 Technical Support

Monthly: $3.00/M (With Coupon Code LET50OFF) - Limited

Monthly: $5.39/M (With Coupon Code LET10OFF) - Limited

Monthly: $4.79/M (With Coupon Code LETBIZ) - Unlimited

Original Price: $5.99

Ready to get started? - Visit our website.

CLICK ME

Contact us for support at ([email protected])

Thanked by 1mycosys

Comments

• So south african company, with no business registration, address or incorporation/legal details.
    No thanks

• MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep

@mycosys said:
    So south african company, with no business registration, address or incorporation/legal details.
    No thanks

Hey there, thanks for your comment.

I appreciate your opinion and we will be figuring out all the legal details soon enough.
    We all have to start somewhere and this is our starting point.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • @MikaeelZA said:

@mycosys said:
    So south african company, with no business registration, address or incorporation/legal details.
    No thanks

I appreciate your opinion and we will be figuring out all the legal details soon enough.

If you want people to trust you who have even the slightest Scam Radar you need to have your company registration details and registered address on the website, preferably on every page but at least on the company information page. This info needs to match your Whois data and SSL cert, or be very explainable why not (comapny divisions). Generally it is also best if it is publically verifiable through a gov business register. Also your head company link is only to a Facebook page, with again no company registration details and no address.

There have been SO many fly by nighters in this area with virtual offices and fake regiustrations doing pump and dump, you just cant afford not to be extra cautious with new providers particularly

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

So, issues right off the bat:

• Massive signature, far too big. Please limit it to two lines at most.
    • Very screamy title, almost WHT-style. Cut down on the caps lock and the special characters.
    • "We will be figuring out all the legal details soon enough"? That's what you do before starting a business, not after you've already started it.
    • Seriously, the caps lock. Why are there UPPERCASE CHARACTERS EVERYWHERE IN THE OFFER? It's horrible to read, and doesn't come across as professional at all.
    • Very poorly formatted. Your bulletpoint list isn't a bulletpoint list. Your offer text is generic, despite the LowEndTalk mention. Did you just copy-paste this from a WHT offer and change the references?
    • You are (or at least were) using reseller hosting.
    • No datacenter mentioned, only "Canada" as the location.

This all seems very sketchy.

Thanked by 1mycosys

@joepie91 said:
    So, issues right off the bat:

• Massive signature, far too big. Please limit it to two lines at most.
    • Very screamy title, almost WHT-style. Cut down on the caps lock and the special characters.
    • "We will be figuring out all the legal details soon enough"? That's what you do before starting a business, not after you've already started it.
    • Seriously, the caps lock. Why are there UPPERCASE CHARACTERS EVERYWHERE IN THE OFFER? It's horrible to read, and doesn't come across as professional at all.
    • Very poorly formatted. Your bulletpoint list isn't a bulletpoint list. Your offer text is generic, despite the LowEndTalk mention. Did you just copy-paste this from a WHT offer and change the references?
    • You are (or at least were) using reseller hosting.
    • No datacenter mentioned, only "Canada" as the location.

This all seems very sketchy.

1. I've fixed my signature, thank you for letting me know.
    2. I've cut down on the capitals.
    3. As far as registration as a business goes, we're holding off on that temporarily so we can get our foot in the door first.
    4. -
    5. Forgive my mistakes, I am trying to better myself in markdown. I am not familiar with it.
    6. Yes, that reseller is being dedicated to free hosting now. However, I don't see what's the problem there? -- Is it looked down upon to use a reseller or something in this community.
    7. I will edit the thread to provide a more detailed look at the datacenter, thank you for pointing that out.

@mycosys said:

@MikaeelZA said:

@mycosys said:
    No thanks

If you want people to trust you who have even the slightest Scam Radar you need to have your company registration details and registered address on the website, preferably on every page but at least on the company information page. This info needs to match your Whois data and SSL cert, or be very explainable why not (comapny divisions). Generally it is also best if it is publically verifiable through a gov business register. Also your head company link is only to a Facebook page, with again no company registration details and no address.

There have been SO many fly by nighters in this area with virtual offices and fake regiustrations doing pump and dump, you just cant afford not to be extra cautious with new providers particularly

Thank you for letting me know. I shall consult with the appropriate people to figure out which would be the best legal route for our company to go to.

• @MikaeelZA said:

Thank you for letting me know. I shall consult with the appropriate people to figure out which would be the best legal route for our company to go to.

Unless this is entirely a hobby and not intended to be anything more i would STRONGLY recommend that the first person you talk to is a reliable accountant experienced in business planning and incorporation (IE not just a tax person).

@MikaeelZA said:

1. As far as registration as a business goes, we're holding off on that temporarily so we can get our foot in the door first.

Totally backwards. And asking for legal trouble as you personally are responsible for ANY loss FWIW. You could be sued into a cardboard box.

1. Yes, that reseller is being dedicated to free hosting now. However, I don't see what's the problem there? -- Is it looked down upon to use a reseller or something in this community.

You dont control the infrastructure, if something goes wrong there is nothign you can do. And why wouldnt we just buy from the people you are - that we we have far more control.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

MikaeelZA said: Is it looked down upon to use a reseller or something in this community.

Yes, absolutely. The problem with reseller hosting is that you're a middleman who wants a cut of the profits, but you can't really offer anything meaningful. You provide the same resources that can be gotten at the reseller hosting provider directly at either the same price or cheaper, you have no idea how the infrastructure is managed, and you can't provide better support either because you can't control the infrastructure.

As a customer, there aren't really any benefits to going with a reseller whatsoever. All the claimed "benefits" (better support, etc. etc.) are completely theoretical, and in the end it almost inevitably ends in tears.

MikaeelZA said: As far as registration as a business goes, we're holding off on that temporarily so we can get our foot in the door first.

No. Go do that right now. A business registration is step one. This is not something you wait with until you have customers.

Thanked by 1mycosys

@joepie91 said:

MikaeelZA said: Is it looked down upon to use a reseller or something in this community.

Yes, absolutely. The problem with reseller hosting is that you're a middleman who wants a cut of the profits, but you can't really offer anything meaningful. You provide the same resources that can be gotten at the reseller hosting provider directly at either the same price or cheaper, you have no idea how the infrastructure is managed, and you can't provide better support either because you can't control the infrastructure.

As a customer, there aren't really any benefits to going with a reseller whatsoever. All the claimed "benefits" (better support, etc. etc.) are completely theoretical, and in the end it almost inevitably ends in tears.

MikaeelZA said: As far as registration as a business goes, we're holding off on that temporarily so we can get our foot in the door first.

No. Go do that right now. A business registration is step one. This is not something you wait with until you have customers.

After discussion with my other partners, we will be suspending advertisements on LowEndTalk temporarily to get the business sorted out.