Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfer funds to Paypal to pay VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transfer funds to Paypal to pay VPS

aiuraiur Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hi, as April 1st is coming, I'm going to pay for my several VPS boxes, hope I'm not an April fool :)
I have several VISA gift cards at hand, one has a ridiculous $1.66 and one with $9.5 and etc....
Are there any way for me to transfer the amount to my Paypal account free?
It seems Paypal is the most convenient way for me to pay for my current VPS.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Easiest way would be to get 'account' credit if you have all your VPS's with the same provider and just process each transaction seperately if the provider allowed it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yes....

• You can add funds to the providers I believe. Figure out how much goes where.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@tech163 said: You can add funds to the providers I believe

We do not allow this. Too many people change their mind and wish to withdraw the funds and pay manually later leaving us with the fees. Like the 5 Eur or so would get them a big interest at a bank during one month :(

• @Maounique said: We do not allow this. Too many people change their mind and wish to withdraw the funds and pay manually later leaving us with the fees. Like the 5 Eur or so would get them a big interest at a bank during one month :(

Why don't you just not allow refunds on credit they already added?

• AndriAndri Member

Why don't you just pay with them (VISA Gift Card) then?

• @superpilesos said: Why don't you just not allow refunds on credit they already added?

And then there's a chargeback...\

@Andri said: Why don't you just pay with them (VISA Gift Card) then?

If the companies that the OP is using are using WHMCS, WHMCS does not allow the client to pay a single invoice with multiple payment methods. The host might split the invoice to multiple invoices, but then the host incurs more fees.

• @Damian said: WHMCS does not allow the client to pay a single invoice with multiple payment methods.

If they have "Add Funds" enabled it is possible

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Paypal is notorious for not allowing gift cards for funding.

Prepaid credit card or debit, yes...gift cards usually not because they can't verify address, etc. Even GCs which have a site where you can input your address are usually declined.

edited March 2013

@Damian said: And then there's a chargeback...\

Plus all the "Prometeus is a scam" talk wherever the kid can post.
    In theory, they are right, it is their money, after all.
    So, better not to get in that situation than try to solve it later.

• @Maounique said: In theory, they are right, it is their money, after all.

No it's not, they have already given it to the provider.

• SyedSyed Member
    edited March 2013

Google Checkout is the best for gift cards, a lot of people have Google Checkout as a payment option.

Try it out, off the top of my head, both Ramnode and BuyVM accept it.

• aiuraiur Member

Hi, thanks all for your comments and instructions, I used 2checkout to transfer the funds from my MasterCard to my VPS provider

@Bogdacutuu said: No it's not, they have already given it to the provider.

IMO, it is still theirs before they use it for a service. Similar to a bank, the ISP keeps it untill used.