Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have servers in PhoenixNAP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have servers in PhoenixNAP?

JacobJacob Member
edited December 2011 in General

I got a few alerts this morning that all our phoenix nodes was down and I also checked Infinitie Networks website and it was down then around 20 Minutes after it come backup and was quite slow.

I went directly to the Phoenix NAP Live Chat and gave them the outage times and everything, Yet they say there is no records of any network / power outages within the last 24 hours.

Who has services with Infinitie networks in Phoenix NAP datacenter, That also experienced this outage?

Comments

• I believe quickweb do. Perhaps send them an email?

• I got a VPS hosted in the securedservers.com DC (PhoenixNAP) and it has been great. 100% network stability for at least the past 5 weeks. Isn't 'Infinitie networks' in another DC in Phoenix?

• Infinitie Networks are in the PhoenixNAP datacenter.

• fanfan Veteran

I have a tiny VPS with Infinitie.net so I can confirm there was something wrong with the network earlier, and the router is still dropping ICMP ping's now. These happened several times before, most lasted a few hours then back to normal.

• Ok it seems they are in PhoenixNap but they got their own network, separate from the securedservers/phoenixnap network. is Infinitie claiming that they had no problem or are they not responding or what?

• Ok it seems they are in PhoenixNap but they got their own network, separate from the securedservers/phoenixnap network.

Exactly. PhoenixNAP and SecuredServers are owned by the same group but there are many providers there renting infrastructure but using their own mix of upstream providers. QuickWeb started using SS servers and network but recently moved to colocation with connectivity provided by Colo@ I guess.

• @netpioneer said: but using their own mix of upstream providers.

We use both house lines as well as dedicated. The dedicated carry a good portion of the load but the house lines are the ones connected with a wide range of networks and (hopefully) easier and quicker routing.

Some times it's cheaper to go with a dedicated provider instead of house lines as that's where the datacenter is going to make their profit.

• Pretty definitely network. I was connected to my colo there most of the past few days, except when my home network has dropped.

Actually, the only time I've been made aware that one of the servers my employer hosts in PhoenixNAP was down was I think when they nulled (an IP|some IPs) 'cause of DDoS a while back. (Actually, we colo w/ PN and rent w/ SS - 4 colo's and quite a few rent). I've been working for her for several months now.

• @EaseVPS said: I got a few alerts this morning that all our phoenix nodes was down and I also checked Infinitie Networks website and it was down then around 20 Minutes after it come backup and was quite slow.

I went directly to the Phoenix NAP Live Chat and gave them the outage times and everything, Yet they say there is no records of any network / power outages within the last 24 hours.

Who has services with Infinitie networks in Phoenix NAP datacenter, That also experienced this outage?

We have servers rented through secured and are about to put some servers in there in a colo arrangement.

I know there are problems with Highwinds, there is terrible load on certain routes at peak times. This often presents itself as 10-15 minutes of network outage.

I know Colo@ use Highwinds for some of their bandwidth

• It wasn't the network, They was doing some maintainance with the power half was done last week and they finished it this week.

I didn't get the maintainance email though, Quick call and richard told me what happened and yeah everything is fine once again. :)