Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up2VPS Seattle Moving to Letbox.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Up2VPS Seattle Moving to Letbox.com

MunMun Member
edited March 2013 in General

As of Sunday Up2VPS is now moving there clients from Seattle, WA to Dallas, TX with http://letbox.com/ whom I have never heard of. It really is a sad day.

Just thought I would start a discussion on it in case some customers don't know yet.

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

I just renewed my 2 LetBox VPSs, they're not bad. The network is decent and the performance is nice, we get some random downtime but nothing extensive.

Per NodePing:
    VPS1 - Uptime for last 30 days: 99.853%
    VPS2 - Uptime for last 30 days: 99.869%

Network tests:
    Cachefly: 21.5 MB/s
    San Jose: 1.88 MB/s
    Denver 9.24 MB/s
    Tampa: 8.44 MB/s
    Atlanta: 10.7 MB/s

• Over freaking due. UP2VPS was looking to sell. Did they or merge or just hosting elsewhere?

What network is LETBox on @KuJoe?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler said: What network is LETBox on @KuJoe?

All of the network tests above go over AboveNet.

• Abovenet... Hmmm Corexchange?

PM a partial traceroute @KuJoe...

Anyone know if UP2VPS got bought or what the end result was?

• Anyone know if UP2VPS got bought or what the end result was?

LOL.

• Yep @DomainBop... I partook in that fun... Wasn't any clear outcome...

• @pubcrawler said: Anyone know if UP2VPS got bought or what the end result was?

My understanding was they only wanted to divest their US locations and focus on Germany.

Or maybe just shoot off Seattle. Not positive which, but Germany definitely stayed.

• True @ihatetonyy.

Last I knew UP2VPS was moving their Seattle to Texas... But it sounds like they hadn't sold, but new colo provider...

• MunMun Member

The are moving clients to Dallas at letbox, as such they sold the clients at min.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If you are looking for a Seattle box, let me know :)

• I'm looking for something @Alex_LiquidHost... How's that new thingy we talked about coming along?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We have sold the USA location they no longer provide it.

• MunMun Member

@Alex_LiquidHost said: If you are looking for a Seattle box, let me know :)

Im not sure if you want my business, I run a bunch of source servers, well at least I did in Seattle. I think I am just going to move it to my Fremont Dedicated, but not sure yet.

• This constant talking about selling "US location" clients is confusing. As far as I know they never sold stuff they host with Volumedrive. Atleast my vps is still up and I haven't recieved any notification about change yet.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Spirit said: This constant talking about selling "US location" clients is confusing. As far as I know they never sold stuff they host with Volumedrive. Atleast my vps is still up and I haven't recieved any notification about change yet.

We moved what they offer for us, i'm not sure if they still have some in the bag.

• I always thought that Scranton (volumedrive) was their main location http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=up2vps&searchsubmit=Find but after all this talking about selling US clientbase was made impression like they have stuff only in Seattle.

• I think UP2VPS was in multiple locations. Actives sales push for eons was Seattle for them though.

Wondering why they were selling? I think they are Iranians.... Heard that elsewhere and that would be ummm illegal for them to be selling / buying in the US.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: I think they are Iranians....

Daniel Cordero Gonzalez suppose to be from Costa Rica. (but well... we can't be sure of course)

• MunMun Member

Here is what I saw. Confirmed with a ticket.

• Again this "USA location". @Mun - Can you ask them what's with Scranton nodes?

• that would be a us location spirit. Or those are resold burst servers?

• MunMun Member

Ughh, Where is Scranton... U S A.

• Pennsylvania PA

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@24khost said: that would be a us location spirit.

Yes of course but all the time they talk only about "USA location" and then Seattle, that's why I am wondering what's with their volumedrive boxes. Not a single word about that. Not even in their previous "USA location" sale thread.

Also LetBox confirmed:

@key900 said: We moved what they offer for us, i'm not sure if they still have some in the bag.

• MunMun Member

The put in a support ticket and ask?

• not moving but that same person

• Jesus their site is slow.

• MunMun Member

@ZeroCool said: not moving but that same person

What?