Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google account to google apps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google account to google apps?

rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

Tried to figure this out using different articles, but no avail. Everything is about gmail to google apps, but nothing for a standalone google account to google apps ...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Can you clarify more what exactly you need ?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Basically, I have a standalone google account (ie. [email protected] - does not include their gmail), and would like to move it to google apps, where I can continue using [email protected] and google being the email provider.

• But if you are using your own Domain, it is an Google apps account?!

• rsk said:

Basically, I have a standalone google account (ie. [email protected] - does not include their gmail), and would like to move it to google apps, where I can continue using [email protected] and google being the email provider.

You should be able to do that without needing to make any changes to your existing account. When you login it will ask you which account you mean. That's all.

• @Abdussamad said:

rsk said:

You should be able to do that without needing to make any changes to your existing account. When you login it will ask you which account you mean. That's all.

This confuses the hell out of IMAP and POP and I'm not sure how the official Gmail app handles it.. just be aware of that..

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

They used to allow you to create an account just to access google features, excluding Gmail, with your own email address.

Now, I am a bit confused. The only option I see is to delete this account and just start fresh via google apps, but I do not want to lose any of the things on it (and it is linked to my samsung) ... hence looking for a way to upgrade instead of deleting.

• @rsk said:

They used to allow you to create an account just to access google features, excluding Gmail, with your own email address.

Now, I am a bit confused. The only option I see is to delete this account and just start fresh via google apps, but I do not want to lose any of the things on it (and it is linked to my samsung) ... hence looking for a way to upgrade instead of deleting.

There's no such thing as upgrading the Gmail account to Google Apps, they don't allow it I'm unsure why...

If you don't have the choice of choosing between the two then you're out of luck :(

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited September 2016

@rsk said:

Something that might work (I faced the same issue years ago, can't remember how exactly I dealt with it)...

Create your GApps account for yourdomain.com, thus creating a new google user ([email protected]) as its superadmin. Once everything is setup, add (= invite) your "old" account ([email protected]) as a new user to your GApps, promoting it ([email protected]) to superadmin. Log in separately to GApps as [email protected], and demote+delete the other superadmin ([email protected]) account.

Might work. Or might not. Can't tell. Not sure what such an operation would imply for your older account, losing settings and the such.

Shot2 said: Something that might work (I faced the same issue years ago, can't remember how exactly I dealt with it)...

Create your GApps account for yourdomain.com, thus creating a new google user ([email protected]) as its superadmin. Once everything is setup, add (= invite) your "old" account ([email protected]) as a new user to your GApps, promoting it ([email protected]) to superadmin. Log in separately to GApps as [email protected], and demote+delete the other superadmin ([email protected]) account.

Might work. Or might not. Can't tell. Not sure what such an operation would imply for your older account, losing settings and the such.

Thanks, will try this <3

Thanks all for your help.

• ninaprasetyoninaprasetyo Member
    edited September 2016

@rsk

dont worry about your curious google account.

this is about "conflicted google account" and i have this conflicted account, but i can use both from "google account" and "google apps account" together.

please read this URL : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/181526?ref_topic=28707&hl=en

has two Google Accounts -- one Google Apps account, and one Google Account, that share the same primary email address, but are completely unrelated