Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need a VPS in Chicago now 911
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need a VPS in Chicago now 911

ClancomsClancoms Member
edited March 2013 in General

anyone know of a good host for VPS in Chicago the VPS i have now is down more than it is online.

Comments

• MunMun Member

bluevm.com

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

well, you can check the node... i have 4 with them and no problems at all

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

what company are you having issues with

• DotVPS... This Chicago other Chicago outift called ummm ColoCrocking.... I mean ChicagoVPeeeeeS

• We do :)

PM me requirements or checkout site plans.

• MunMun Member

@netomx said: well, you can check the node... i have 4 with them and no problems at all

I wasn't saying bluevm was the problem rather the suggestion on where to look for a host in chicago.

• chicagoVPS

• MunMun Member

@Clancoms said: chicagoVPS

.... is your current provider?

• yep

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

Be forewarned ChicagoVPS is random... like the safety of hookers.. good one time, next time a venereal disease... They are bi-polar, or at least their servers are...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Did you try to contact them about the issue?

• MunMun Member

mind if I make kevin at cvps aware of this, he generally will help you fix about anything, though I might not like the company personally, but he is a good guy.

• i like Chicago VPS but the are having some major issues in there Chicago data center way to much downtime i also have a VPS with them in Buffalo it is just fine.

so im not knocking BuffaloVPS it is just i need better up time than what im getting from them in Chicago

• bigscoots.com is another and they are on colocrocheting's network... instead of Steadfast's network which is a tad more professional..... not better per se....

• Fliphost yes i have sent in tickets concerning this no answer as of yet posted support ticket over hour ago

• +1 for kevin at CVPS... that dude is their personal ambassador for kindness. He can't fix stupid, but he's trying hard.

• MunMun Member

@CVPS_Kevin mind helping this guy out and explaining the issue?

• MunMun Member

@pubcrawler said: +1 for kevin at CVPS... that dude is their personal ambassador for kindness. He can't fix stupid, but he's trying hard.

God, pubcrawler, please just shut up sometimes. We all you don't like CVPS, but you don't have to bash them for every thread that mentions CVPS.

• @Mun.... No, really before Kevin what was CVPS other than a sewer cover spewing cr@p?

I give Kevin a bucket full of credit. I might even like Chris if he keeps it up...

• yes please dont bash them on my thread they are a good company just there is a issue with there chicago network and i am losing customers because of it so i need to find a new host in Chicago is all.

• MunMun Member

@pubcrawler said: He can't fix stupid, <--- what is this then....?

• ----> they are a good company just there is a issue with there chicago network

What's failed in Chicago for you @Clancoms?

@Mun --- it's group therapy, feel free to join in.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited March 2013

@Clancoms,

The only issues we have been having with Chicago lately is with one node, chi-vps49, I will assume you're on this node unless you're having an isolated problem @Clancoms.

If this is the case, you should know that this node has been stable and online for a very long time without any outages. There is no reason to leave us over one small outage, but we respect your decision either way.

The problem with chi-vps49 is due to the ip_conntrack values being full on the server - we've raised this limit on the server, and will be keeping a close eye on the node for any signs of abnormal traffic. In the meantime, all VPS are starting back up in CTID order.

If you would like a migration to another node we can arrange this, but I don't see reason to as this node has been stable for a long time prior today's incident, which we were quick to resolve. Again, I am assuming you are on chi-vps49 since you mentioned Chicago, we haven't had any outages on any other nodes recently. As I do not know a way to identify you (such as ticket ID, invoice ID etc) I cannot verify what node you are on, but you can check from SolusVM.

@Clancoms said: no answer as of yet posted support ticket over hour ago

We don't have any ticket in the support queue that has been awaiting a response for over an hour at the moment I'm writing this. This definitely does not sound right, what is your ticket ID so I can validate this claim?

Regards,

Kevin

@Mun said: I wasn't saying bluevm was the problem rather the suggestion on where to look for a host in chicago.

my reply was for the OP :P

i have 4 with chigaco and no issues... with Chicago and Buffalo

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

There's @CVPS_Kevin, they should pay him well. He's quick and professional. No jokes out of him.

Migrate to another node @Clancoms... This has long been the CVPS dance routine... It may or may not pan out... But do it quick and again if needed. Been there, and umm, done it. It is seamless and they do everything...

• MunMun Member

Thanks @CVPS_Kevin, mind adding me on something like google chat, or skype so I can point you at these type of threads as you are the nice one at CVPS :)

@CVPS_Kevin

In fact, I am on that node, and has been working excellent all this time... except today.. didnt notice the downtime though

uptime 21:24:49 up 21 min, 1 user, load average: 0.39, 0.31, 0.19

• View Ticket #YDC-144726
    server crashing over and over
    0:37> Trying to connect to server on 198.144.184.110:9999

• <19:36:20> Failed to connect to server
    <19:36:21> Trying to connect to server on 198.144.184.110:9999
    <19:36:27> Failed to connect to server
    <19:36:28> Trying to connect to server on 198.144.184.110:9999
    <19:36:33> Failed to connect to server
    <19:36:34> Trying to connect to server on 198.144.184.110:9999
    <19:36:40> Failed to connect to server
    <19:36:41> Trying to connect to server on 198.144.184.110:9999