Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Down?

PetaByetPetaByet Member
edited September 2016 in Providers

Seems like we've got lots of providers down tonight :(

https://isitup.org/vultr.com

https://vultr.com

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

From the looks of posts on Twitter their NJ location has been down most of the past hour.

Edit: Seems it's just a Choopa problem as a whole

• I think this is mostly a problem with Choopa DC. My CVPS VPS (yes, I know...) in NJ is down too.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Obama forgot to pay the internet bill

Thanked by 2zafouhar tux
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Yes choopa is having a rough night for sure.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Yes, they were down. Now seems normal.

• @irm said:
    Obama forgot to pay the internet bill

Huh?

• @jbiloh said:
    Yes choopa is having a rough night for sure.

Yup. Got a dedicated server with Choopa and there were multiple network up/down instances last night. It's quite rare to see such with Choopa - only what I find worrying is that there is zero communication on their part about what's going on. Am I supposed to send them a ticket to find out? Other providers such as Leaseweb are alot more proactive and communicative.

• On WHT RSNET-John stated "We're aware, once again, not network related. There are outside forces at play that are targeting network gear."

• Per their website - http://www.reliablesite.net/network/

@MrRadic ?

Network usage never over 70%, even during peak hours
    Fully redundant with automatic fail-over
    Peering with only premium upstream providers
    100% Network Uptime SLA
    0% Packet Loss Guarantee

• It's a very interesting statement. It's "not network related", but something is " targeting network gear". Shouldn't network gear be network related, at the very least by virtue of its name?

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited September 2016

Until July the same page stated Level 3 as the first among his ipv4 peers even though that hasn't been true for very long time (years) with Choopa and others who use their network. I wouldn't give much what that page says.

Regarding Choopa: non-communication is probably their weakest point.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Anna_senpai said:
    It's a very interesting statement. It's "not network related", but something is " targeting network gear". Shouldn't network gear be network related, at the very least by virtue of its name?

I'd assume he means "It's a problem with the network we use, not us." It's definitely network related considering almost all of Choopa was down.

• @Anna_senpai said:
    It's a very interesting statement. It's "not network related", but something is " targeting network gear". Shouldn't network gear be network related, at the very least by virtue of its name?

Hey pal, maybe next time you ban evade, don't use the same anime character as a profile picture.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/145757/jorgemichaels

Thanked by 1Anna_senpai
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Choopa got pounded into the ground for a little while.

@zeitgeist I've got confirmation from Choopa via @Francisco. Just open a ticket.

Anyone seeing a trend here?

• @daily said:

@Anna_senpai said:

Hey pal, maybe next time you ban evade, don't use the same anime character as a profile picture.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/145757/jorgemichaels

@Ishaq @jarland

Thanked by 1Anna_senpai
  • The two profile pictures are not even remotely related, but OK. One is red, the other is Anna from Shimoneta?

• @Anna_senpai said:
    The two profile pictures are not even remotely related, but OK. One is red, the other is Anna from Shimoneta?

Okay, play dumb. I don't mind.

Well, I didnt point the finger. But I am glad others have.

• @zeitgeist I've got confirmation from Choopa. Just open a ticket.

Yep.

"Hello,

We were targeted by an unusually large and sudden (no ramp up period) ddos attack, and our systems reacted quickly to mitigate the attack but not without some impact. "

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

daily said: Hey pal, maybe next time you ban evade, don't use the same anime character as a profile picture

I can't confirm it.

• dailydaily Member
    edited September 2016

@jarland said:

daily said: Hey pal, maybe next time you ban evade, don't use the same anime character as a profile picture

I can't confirm it.

I'm all for being 100% sure, but did this guy really just sign up with the name "Anna_senpai" after this user
    got banned 15 minutes before? They even share a very similar profile picture. The guy who got banned even mentions the word "senpai".

Thanked by 2Anna_senpai jar
    edited September 2016

@daily as much as I would like to see him banned, and agree that the evidence is strong. I'd prefer @jarland acts based on a good set of principals and a strong evidence requirement. This isn't Web Hosting Talk.

If there isn't enough evidence yet, there will be next time.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Senpai is a very common word in the anime fandom. There appear to be several anime fans on this site as well. Since you seem so triggered by the profile pic, I've gone ahead and updated it. Let me know what you think.

• dailydaily Member
    edited September 2016

I wouldn't be as harsh had it not been the guy to threaten someone with the darknet like a child.

edited September 2016

@jarland: Thanks.

Some more victims just got pounded.

• And down we go again...

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Anyone know what's going on?

edited September 2016

Choopa was, and likely still is getting knocked about by a kid, probably Anna_senpai / jorgemichaels

Its also worth noting that that other companies such as FiberHub are likewise affected.

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited September 2016

well the guy was right. It's not worth hosting malware and put all customers and the whole DCs(thats the biggest issue) at risk for a few $ / m. Not like they pay $1000s /m to make it worth the risk :/