Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DataShack or Colo@?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DataShack or Colo@?

PrestigePrestige Member
edited March 2013 in Providers

Hello,

Which company would you go for?
DataShack or Colo@

Thanks.

Comments

• Colo@ of course. Close the thread please.

• @serverian said: Close the thread please.

+1

What's the point of this thread? What's your budget? What's your location? No information...

From what I can tell, you are just putting enough post to put an offer here.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
  • PrestigePrestige Member
    edited March 2013

@zhuanyi said: +1

What's the point of this thread? What's your budget? What's your location? No information...

From what I can tell, you are just putting enough post to put an offer here.

I just asked which company would you go for, no need for the information.

I already have enough posts to make an offer here.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

+1

• RyanDRyanD Member

Both are great. However, I would choose wiresix (colo@) obviously :)

• mnpeepmnpeep Member
    edited March 2013

Colo@

Poor DS... no love for them.

• Datashack people can't even respond to sales or keep record of what IPs they have given out..

• RyanDRyanD Member

Datashack provides an awesome value, Aaron runs a good shop over there. You just have to be realistic about what they are offering.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

QuickPacket not on your list? they can get you good deals in Atlanta and Las Vegas.

• Isn't colo@ twice the price?

• QuickPacket are a great provider. Definitely worth the time.

cough @qps cough

• @bdtech said: Isn't colo@ twice the price?

@RyanD said: Datashack provides an awesome value, Aaron runs a good shop over there. You just have to be realistic about what they are offering.

That is what I mean, OP did not even specify what is the purpose of the server, for a personal dedi, I think Datashack is more than awesome (especially if the 35 bucks server is in stock), but if you are looking for a prod server, then colo@ is a better spot for sure, at much higher cost though.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Colo@ by far.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

If price is not a factor, then absolutely Colo@. No doubt about it. Their network (in Atlanta) is amazing.

• RyanDRyanD Member

I think as you look at some of DataShack's higher end offerings both of our costs are within a few % difference.

However, at the < $50 level DataShack is pretty much unbeatable in the level of power they can bring to the table.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: QuickPacket are a great provider. Definitely worth the time.

cough @qps cough

Thanks for the mention. We have a great offer right now on LEB.

• @qps current offer is pretty nifty. I'd pick Atlanta from them.

Umm Datashack is alright. I've been there for a while. Not a big fan of their other/newer facility and how it's segmented / people may not be on site. I'd be fine with them in say Oak though.

Support is pretty good, but they remain light on the staff and heavy on the workload.

Lately, seen a number of network issues. They had pretty big DDoS a few weeks back and juggling the upstreams. Got ugly. This week, supposedly switch I am into went batty and put things offline. Nothing pro-active on their side to handle so requires ticketing and time.

That said, good people and I like Aaron.

It's perfect for low impact personal stuff, backup location, second location, etc. I am weary of using it as a primary location though.