Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholesaleInternet not delivering servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholesaleInternet not delivering servers?

AndreAndre Member
edited March 2013 in Help

So 2 months ago I purchased a $39/mo special from WSI, and still haven't received any email reply or contact from them whatsoever. (I've had 2 charges to my CC now)

Tried sending them multiple emails to their listed contact page, with no reply, and also tried their number numerous times and only getting a mailbox...

Also on the thread, there are a couple of other people claiming to have the same situation.

Is this normal for WSI? I'd still like to get the (a) server, what should I do?

Also, I'm back.

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@Andre said: Is this normal for WSI? I'd still like to get the (a) server, what should I do?

I believe they do have stock as have posted the offer quite recently. WSI do usually respond to Sales emails.

If you're on WHT, try and contact Aaron on there - he'll sort it.
    edit: he's online on wht now :)

• NickMNickM Member

I ordered a server from them a little more than a month ago with no problem.

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited March 2013

Ordered one two working days ago, should be set up today...I'm impatient so sure to hell I'll try and get them to sort it out
    @Andre did you get an email containing login details for their ticketing system? I did

• AndreAndre Member
    edited March 2013

@dominicl said: If you're on WHT, try and contact Aaron on there - he'll sort it.

edit: he's online on wht now :)

Not online now, and I never use WHT, so I can't PM.

@NickM said: I ordered a server from them a little more than a month ago with no problem.

Good to know, but the thing that worries me is that there are 4 others complaining in that thread who haven't received their info.

@jkr1711 said: @Andre did you get an email containing login details for their ticketing system? I did

I've received no emails from them at all, definitely used the correct address and all my info correct, because it was auto-filled.

• @Andre strange. I got my client area details around 7 hours after paying, so I believe it's done manually. They don't answer the support email unless it's done via their system. I think contacting Aaron is your best bet

• I cancelled a server with WSI yesterday, the service was fine whilst i was there apart from the network dropping once every few days for a few minutes.

But support wise, i always got responses and they processed the cancellation within one day. So there's certainly people on the support desk.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Strange. No issues here and considering their good reputation it's quite odd.

Message me if you want this server and don't mind just renting it from me. Not looking for profit, but maybe one day you cancel it when I have a use for it. Still uncapped at 1Gbps last time I checked too ;)

• AndreAndre Member
    edited March 2013

Received first contact, telling me they've sent info - although their tool shows no account...

André
    5:30 PM (3 hours ago)
    FW: FW: Dedicated Server Order
    to support

Hello,

I still have not recevied my dedicated server, and I have been billed twice for this

Please advise on how this may be rectified, or I will have to dispute the charges.

Please see previous messages (which where not replied to) for information about the account.

Regards,
    Andre

--previous 2 emails snipped--

[email protected]
    8:20 PM (30 minutes ago)

I found your account and it looks as though your service was completed and information was sent to you on February 23rd.

Ticket #--snip--

Thank you,
    Jolene

André
    8:50 PM (1 minutes ago)
    to support

Hello,

I have received no information to either email address and as per the password reset tool, an account doesn't exist — pease see: http://i.imgur.com/HMVL6EX.png

Can you please resend the emails that were sent?

Regards,
    Andre

• Looks like someone accidentally assigned the server to nobody. Just sitting there, idling.

• @jkr1711 I ordered one recently on a Wed. No sight of the installation email by Friday but since they do not work over the weekend, I waited until Monday to email them. A few hours after I did that, I received the email.

In short, you may have to hunt them down once you've passed the 2 business day mark.

• I am in the same boat as some others. I just had no need for the server I had at WSI. Support always seemed ok but dealing with their billing was like trying to get extra quarters from the tooth fairy. I often felt it was supposed to be something magical because I almost never got a quick or thought out response. I feel poor Jolene is overworked but it generally took at least 3 days or more for tickets/updates to get one reply.

I do not regret cancelling it because to be honest I got a better deal elsewhere for a 40.00 server, 1230v1.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Holoshed said: 40.00 server, 1230v1.

Alright spill... you know what nevermind I don't wanna know. PayPal is going to ban me for suspicious activity.

• @Andre I know that feeling, just like when you order graphics and keep getting told they're coming but they're not.... ;-)

• @jarland said: Alright spill... you know what nevermind I don't wanna know. PayPal is going to ban me for suspicious activity.

The 40.00 1231v1 came from this auction on WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1247556

Though if I needed more I could get get one from another provider for around 50.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited March 2013

@Holoshed what a lucky dicchead!

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

I had no problems. Make sure they credit you for the service that you couldn't use. Also maybe open up a thread on WHT to get Aaron's attention.

@Andre said: Also, I'm back.

Yay ;)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Did you ever get this? I'm thinking of picking one up.

• Originally Submitted: 2 days ago Order Status: Complete
    Last Updated: 2 days ago

Hmm I'm not sure whether to ask them now or wait till tomorrow and see if they've done it. I think I'm notorious for bugging dedicated server providers about set up times :p

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Show your patience and wait for 2 month..

• NexusNexus Member

@DewlanceVPS said: Show your patience and wait for 2 month..

LOL

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited March 2013

Received on Mar/28/2013 5:46:40PM
    Hi there,

I've noticed I've nearly hit 2 business days after ordering; is my server near
    to being online? Or am I supposed to count from when I got the first email from
    Jolene in regards to my order being accepted?

Thanks,

John

Sent to John Richardson on Mar/28/2013 5:51:42PM

Working on this now. I will update you soon.

Sincerely,
    Adam Pettet

Sent to John Richardson on Mar/28/2013 5:56:56PM
    Service ID - xxxx

IP - xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    IP Range - xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-222
    etc etc

Amazing what a quick ticket bump can do ;-)

@Andre did you get your server in the end?

• Did Wholesale run a recent WHT offer? If so, forget about it. It is like 3-5 days typically.

They get slammed on the weekends too and might be running skeleton crew then like most businesses. I know they get piled up over the weekend as new orders from them aren't dealt with until new work week.

They are good folks though @jkr1711. Keep on it on a daily basis and another 2 business days tops is reasonable delay with them.

• Well,

SSHing into the server for the first time

[root@server ~]# uptime
    17:29:48 up 21:48, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.05

Server has been up for a while, not sure what the delay was but I'm happy to have the server either way!

• ^ delay is staffing. Hands on folks do everything there. Think they do as much as they can in batches.

Glad they got you up before the weekend. You'll like the network... well should.

• @jkr1711 said: Server has been up for a while, not sure what the delay was but I'm happy to have the server either way!

I'm pretty sure they racked all these servers up first, provisioned IPs to them, and then ran them through testing, then provisioned.

• @HalfEatenPie Yeah probably; just me living in an OVH/WireSix/PerfectIP/Dacentec dreamland where servers are racked and ready to go in nearly a blink of the eye haha

• AndreAndre Member
    edited March 2013

@dominicl said: Did you ever get this? I'm thinking of picking one up.

@jkr1711 said: @Andre did you get your server in the end?

Nope, and no further response to my email yet...

Couple of other people still haven't received theirs either: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1239953

@jkr1711 said: [root@server ~]# uptime

17:29:48 up 21:48, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.05

Server has been up for a while, not sure what the delay was but I'm happy to have the server either way!

If this is the case with my server I will be well and truly pissed.
    Still, they haven't exactly provided a service if they haven't recieved any server details from them.

Weird how my email shows no result in their system eh?

• flyfly Member

interesting. wht/ds is really on top of their game, guess they're swamped and something got lost in the mix.

good luck!

• @Andre I red 2 times billed so i assume it's 2 month billing cycle, which means at least 15 days, so how much time are You waiting for the server so far?

Maybe i am impatient, but if i were You i would have charged back my money and leave them, i don't like the idea of a broken promise of a deal, which ends up in paying for a non-existent service.

• @fly said: wht

wsi