Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No windows LEB's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No windows LEB's

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited August 2011 in General

Me and a friend really need a windows LEB to host a Habbo retro on. Most of the offers for windows LEB's are now outdated and the ones that are working are really expensive for the specs that you get.

I was wondering if anyone knows of some Windows VPS's that you can use your own licence for to bring the cost down, because I'm aware that licencing is the main reason that windows VPS's are so expensive.

I think there is a real gap in the VPS market for Windows LEB's because currently there are very few around.

Comments

• DeorDeor Member
    edited August 2011

Depending on the spec you need, BurstNET do some reasonable price windows VM's. I had a 512mb one for a bit and it was ok but a gig would have been better. Dont know if the US20WIN code still works for the US based servers, but worth a try.

If you need a UK box, make sure you go to their .eu site.

Thanked by 1titanicsaled
  • yeah, have looked at that before. The choice is a bit limited though, for the budget ones.

• What about BuyVM's KVM plans?

• innyainnya Member
    edited August 2011

Curlhost offer 6.50 for 512mb 20g in seattle.(XEN HVM) window2003
    I tried it out and not bad.
    Also I tried it out 12/month for 1g ram 40g as well. You have to email or open support ticket as I remember.
    It is one man shop but he did pretty good job.

• Thanks dmmcintyre3! Never noticed that before,they are really quite cheap. I will look into it.