Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtWire Global is shutting down?! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtWire Global is shutting down?!

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited September 2016

@angstrom said:

sdlnv said: I have just two Dedicated IPv4 servers, so it looks like I'm not entitled to know that the company is shutting down.

A number of us are in the same situation.

In retrospect, that announcement from 07 September that you cite signaled the beginning of the end.

Got an alert from uptimerobot that the NL01 VPS IP can now be pinged. Oh well, I have already deleted the SSH login details to see whether the VM is even online, or the entire subnet has been sold to and deployed by some other web-host.

The times we live in..

Edit: Looks like my VM is back online after a downtime of 21 hours, 39 minutes and 30 seconds.

Edit 2: Hot damn! The VPS probably is at its responsive best, or is it the final twitch before death?

• K4Y5 said: Got an alert from uptimerobot that the NL01 VPS IP can now be pinged.

I can confirm this -- I've just logged in. It's funny: when I check uptime from the command line, it says that my server has been up for 5 days. But NL01 was clearly not accessible for the past 20-odd hours.

• That's the problem I had from beginning with Virtwire, quite frequently: VPS running, but routing was somehow screwed, and I could not connec to it...

• Jarry said: That's the problem I had from beginning with Virtwire, quite frequently: VPS running, but routing was somehow screwed, and I could not connec to it...

I would like to think that the unavailability of NL01 yesterday had a reason -- that a new provider is involved -- but we'll have to wait and see.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Isn't Ryan B the same guy in MXroute? :/

• @netomx said:

There's Jarland, Ryan Arp (from Catalyst Host), and me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:

@netomx said:

There's Jarland, Ryan Arp (from Catalyst Host), and me.

Oh, Ryan B != Ryan Arp, sorry :P

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • K4Y5 said: Edit 2: Hot damn! The VPS probably is at its responsive best, or is it the final twitch before death?

NL01 often had performance issues this year, probably mostly because of troublemakers, but perhaps also because of overselling. I think that Ryan got rid of the troublemakers, so the irony is that NL01 performs better now (and has performed better over the past few weeks) than it has most of this year.

We thought that NL01 had died yesterday, but not yet so, it seems.

• I think not only troublemakers, but they already got rid of some dissapointed customers too. That's why NL01 seems suddenly to be so healthy. Overselling dropped a little, and those who still have VPS there do not use it for anything serious. My VPS is just sitting there idle. What use could I have for such an unreliable service? None...

• Jarry said: I think not only troublemakers, but they already got rid of some dissapointed customers too. That's why NL01 seems suddenly to be so healthy. Overselling dropped a little, and those who still have VPS there do not use it for anything serious. My VPS is just sitting there idle. What use could I have for such an unreliable service? None...

You're no doubt right that people have lost faith in the (even short-term) reliability of the service.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Ohh! bad news. I don't know why peoples start company without any good business plan.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Ohh! bad news. I don't know why peoples start company without any good business plan.

Savage man.

• @Nekki said:
    What's curious here is why no-one is prepared to take over the existing nodes...

With those prices I can see why no one is quickly hoping on them.

• @PrColo said:

@Nekki said:
    What's curious here is why no-one is prepared to take over the existing nodes...

With those prices I can see why no one is quickly hoping on them.

Take 20 mins to read up and it will rally show why.

It has for awhile (to my knowledge) been a one man show. At one point it had two other guys. Wesley (got convicted for something and banned) and Tom (scammed some people and got banned)

Not the best history mixed with the shit support and extended downtimes. Now yes at the price point I have little room to complain however Ant at IH runs plans at the same price point and I have rarely (not even sure if once) had more than a day downtime or a bad support response.

• I had 5 servers with Evoburst and Inception. Then they changed their name to VirtWire. Several of them stopped working many months ago and it was all a big mess anyway. I'm still not sure if the Inception part is still going. It's all a big mess. I'm just going to ignore it all since it was just for a lark anyway.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Ole_Juul said:
    I had 5 servers with Evoburst and Inception. Then they changed their name to VirtWire. Several of them stopped working many months ago and it was all a big mess anyway. I'm still not sure if the Inception part is still going. It's all a big mess. I'm just going to ignore it all since it was just for a lark anyway.

Inception and Evoburst are run by different guys.
    i'm pretty confident that if this happened with inception, it would have been handled in a much diffrent way

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @mikho said:

@Ole_Juul said:
    I had 5 servers with Evoburst and Inception. Then they changed their name to VirtWire. Several of them stopped working many months ago and it was all a big mess anyway. I'm still not sure if the Inception part is still going. It's all a big mess. I'm just going to ignore it all since it was just for a lark anyway.

Inception and Evoburst are run by different guys.
    i'm pretty confident that if this happened with inception, it would have been handled in a much diffrent way

Probably talking about the SG node which was shut down due to incompetent datacenter staff.

• mikho said: Inception and Evoburst are run by different guys. i'm pretty confident that if this happened with inception, it would have been handled in a much diffrent way

So Inception isn't part of VirtWire? I guess I'm all confused by the LowEndSpirit thing and who's who.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • i83i83 Member
    edited September 2016

@Ole_Juul said: So Inception isn't part of VirtWire?

No.

I guess I'm all confused by the LowEndSpirit thing and who's who.

Think of LowEndSpirit as a collaborative. Multiple brands with independent owners operating the different locations for a shared product with similar specifications.

• Ole_Juul said: So Inception isn't part of VirtWire? I guess I'm all confused by the LowEndSpirit thing and who's who.

http://lowendspirit.com/locations.html

Underneath the table listing the resources per plan/location, it tells you who manages each location. You'll notice Evoburst/VirtWire are now missing.

Thanked by 2mikho Ole_Juul
  • Nekki said: Underneath the table listing the resources per plan/location, it tells you who manages each location. You'll notice Evoburst/VirtWire are now missing.

Thanks Nekkie. That's exactly what I needed. Interesting that GestionDBI goes by the name DeepNET Solutions there.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Ole_Juul said:

Nekki said: Underneath the table listing the resources per plan/location, it tells you who manages each location. You'll notice Evoburst/VirtWire are now missing.

Thanks Nekkie. That's exactly what I needed. Interesting that GestionDBI goes by the name DeepNET Solutions there.

DeepNet Solutions is a sub-brand of Gestion DBI. We use it for LowEnd products.

Regards, David

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • Hi there,
    I paid for my annually container in virtwire on September 9. :/
    It is down since 3 days ago.
    I used credit card is there a refund option (like PayPal users) for me?

Best Regards.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@greensun said:
    Hi there,
    I paid for my annually container in virtwire on September 9. :/
    It is down since 3 days ago.
    I used credit card is there a refund option (like PayPal users) for me?

Best Regards.

Process a charge back with your card issuer.

Thanked by 2greensun ATHK
  • @AutoSnipe Minimum you can write an email to your clients...

Thanked by 1sWp
  • Oh well, we always knew the end was near.

Due to unexpected circumstances, VirtWire closed its doors and will not be able to continue doing business moving forward.

HostSailor.com offered the take over the Netherlands clients of VirtWire, and they have worked closely with the hosting provider hosting the clients and paid any outstanding bills, however the IP provider providing IP addresses to the clients removed the IP routeblocks and derouted all the networks due to unpaid bills today, currently HostSailor is trying their best to find alternative solutions.

*** Please note that HostSailor is only trying to help with the transition and they are taking no responsiblity for the downtime caused by any means ***

Once we have more information, we will share them with you.

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

Hi everyone! we're trying to fix the mess left behind, we paid all bills to the NL provider to keep the server online, but sadly the IP provider terminated the contract for unpaid bills and for being unable to get hold of Ryan, rest assured we're looking after you. We are now migrating the NL users to our WHMCS, and solusvm.

Prices will remain the same, and you'll get your exact plan/price/duration as if you were with VirtWire, please note that we have had to lease a few /24's from a third party to help you get your service back up, we do not have enough IP pool to accomodate everyone on our own network, therefore we're fixing the mess, slowly you will get emailed your whmcs details followed by your new IP address, and in a matter of time everything will get back to normal.

Do understand that we're doing this out of goodwill, we know what downtime means and we did not let down a help request from VirtWire to take over all NL users, we're not taking any US clients as we do not service the US as of yet.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@HostSailor said:
    Hi everyone! we're trying to fix the mess left behind, we paid all bills to the NL provider to keep the server online, but sadly the IP provider terminated the contract for unpaid bills and for being unable to get hold of Ryan, rest assured we're looking after you. We are now migrating the NL users to our WHMCS, and solusvm.

Prices will remain the same, and you'll get your exact plan/price/duration as if you were with VirtWire, please note that we have had to lease a few /24's from a third party to help you get your service back up, we do not have enough IP pool to accomodate everyone on our own network, therefore we're fixing the mess, slowly you will get emailed your whmcs details followed by your new IP address, and in a matter of time everything will get back to normal.

Do understand that we're doing this out of goodwill, we know what downtime means and we did not let down a help request from VirtWire to take over all NL users, we're not taking any US clients as we do not service the US as of yet.

If you need help with your NL providers we can help you.

I have almost connections with almost all NL hosting company's and IP brokers.

Thanked by 2Frecyboy vimalware
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If anyone had a NAT NL VPS of 128mb or smaller I am happy to accommodate you on the lowendspirit LES node, no payment required just a copy of your last paid invoice, what ever time you had remaining will be honored.