Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a storage VPS : 100Gb / Europe / $3.5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a storage VPS : 100Gb / Europe / $3.5

JarodeJarode Member
edited September 2016 in Requests

Hi,

VPS specs. : Disk space >100Gb / Location: Europe / Price: <3.5$

I don't want these providers :
Ramnode: I don't know why but they closed my account for no reason 24 hours after my first order.
Time4vps : disk space is hug but network speed to my location is miserable (10Mb/s)

Any alternative/offer that fit my needs ?

Thanks,
Regards.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

How much bandwidth do you need?

Can you pay by BTC?

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Able to pay annually? We have a 150GB storage plan available in NL & UK for ~$24:
    https://openvz.io/

Thanked by 1Jarode
  • bersybersy Member
    edited September 2016

Jarode said: Time4vps : disk space is hug but bandwith is miserable.

And RamNode's 120GB plan comes with twice less bandwidth.

Jarode said: Any alternative

LiteServer's $26/yr 256MB/200GB/2TB OVZ VPS in NL, for example.

@kt I was about to mention this too, but OP had said that even 2TB BW is miserable.

Thanked by 1Jarode
  • JarodeJarode Member
    edited September 2016

@bersy said:

>

@kt I was about to mention this too, but OP had said that even 2TB BW is miserable.

Sorry for this misunderstanding, by "bandwith" I mean in fact "network link/speed". It is very slow on Tim4VPS ! I get no more than 10Mb/s from their server to my french VPS.

@randvegeta said:

>

How much bandwidth do you need?

Can you pay by BTC?

Not much. No I can't pay by BTC.

@kt said:

>

Able to pay annually? We have a 150GB storage plan available in NL & UK for ~$24:

@kt said:

>

LiteServer's $26/yr 256MB/200GB/2TB OVZ VPS in NL, for example.

This is exactly the kind of VPS plan I'm looking for. Thanks.
    If the price is good, yes I can pay annualy.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

we can do a custom plan, if you are interested:

Guaranteed RAM: 1024MB (1GB)

Disk Space: 100GB

Bandwidth: 5000GB

Connectivity: 1Gbps (shared)

Dedicated IP (IPv4): 1

Dedicated IP (IPv6): 50

CPU: 4 vCPU Fair Use

CPU Speed: 3.40GHz

Control Panel: SolusVM / SSH

Support: Self-Managed/Unmanaged Support

Xen HVM Virtualization

$42 annually

For more information about other plans visit the following URL: https://www.webprovps.com/

• @WebProject , I'm not interested in, thank you anyway. I'm not a fan of "custom plan". I prefer to have a "regular" one.

• @Jarode said:
    @WebProject , I'm not interested in, thank you anyway. I'm not a fan of "custom plan". I prefer to have a "regular" one.

What's the difference?

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • Maybe it's purely a personnal feeling, but I find it a bit "fishy", unreliable.
    I have just ordered a VPS from LiteServer.nl and I'm really satisfied for now.

OVZ-STORAGE-256
    RAM; 256MB
    VSwap; 256MB
    Diskspace; 200GB SSD Cached Storage
    Traffic; 2TB

Thank you all for your help.

• @Jarode, be sure to give an update or quick review of the service with LiteServer.

I just so happened to also be viewing their website recently and was considering one of their "traffic" VPS packages.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Zeast said: What's the difference?

>

we did a special plan with some additional discount and extra server resources.

• @kt said:

I believe that 124MB RAM for Stor1000 is typo?

Thanked by 1kt
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

@Jarry said:

@kt said:

I believe that 124MB RAM for Stor1000 is typo?

Thanks fixed, should be 1024 :)

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited September 2016

@WebProject said:

Zeast said: What's the difference?

>

we did a special plan with some additional discount and extra server resources.

I know that. I meant why he doesn't like custom plan over the regular one. (Thinking on what you said)

• Maybe regular one is easy for providers to maintain so it would last longer.

• I wonder wouldn't filesharing sites like mediafire be better than a dedicated storage vps? Not just in pricing but in download speeds and avaibility?

• Seems to be a low budget for it. But I guess you can find a provider willing to go that low. But like others said if you are doing file sharing you might want a dedicated box.

• Jarode said: Jarode

i can do this in Romania, please pm if you are ok with the location , i can guarantee you will be verry content with the speed

• I have already found what I was looking for. Take a look here : https://www.liteserver.nl/en/storage-vps-series-openvz-vps/

@Jarode said:
    Time4vps : disk space is hug but network speed to my location is miserable (10Mb/s)

Update+Mistake : 5MByte / second, (not 10Mbit / second)

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Jarode said: Update+Mistake : 5MByte / second, (not 10Mbit / second)

Could you contact us and provide more details about the problem? We are ready to help.

• @Jarode said:
    Time4vps :

Update+Mistake : 5MByte / second, (not 10Mbit / second)

I can always max out 100mbps(11MB/s) from my kimsufi backup-pull server (used for compressing and encrypting before final push to time4vps)

at least Double that from European gigabit dedis and vps.

You're probably just on a saturated HN. Talk to support.