Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a hard time with Lantronix - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Having a hard time with Lantronix

2»

Comments

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:
    The biggest issue I had with some of them is that if the server is outputting more than 1024x768 resolution it'll make the unit instantly crash and reboot. It's possible they fixed it in the Duo units but wasn't in the single connector models.

Francisco

Francisco, the unit does not reboot, the java freezes, then when you go back to the browser to restart the java, the browser simply redirect to the login page again.

• join the club @vpsrus I had lantronix given to me to setup my server at psychz originally and when they finally got iLO working I was like screw lantronix I am going to use iLO now lol

Thanked by 1justvm
  • justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@timnboys said:
    join the club @vpsrus I had lantronix given to me to setup my server at psychz originally and when they finally got iLO working I was like screw lantronix I am going to use iLO now lol

yes, you are very right, I have ILO on my servers on the other DC, and works perfect and also uses Java only with the exception that you have to disable LTS1,2 and LTS1.1 and it works perfectly.

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@vpsrus how about the server you are connecting the lantronix to. I had a case when it can't mount the virtual media. It is a workstation PC, and also with some workstations (not a server grade hardware. The lantronix seems to be unstable, hang and disconnect often, and i have to console it and doing a reboot). I can't seem to troubleshoot what was the problem.

Well since you don't own the lantronix itself, so we are guessing another factor. Could you please try to find out whether the router of the DC "tarpitting" your connection to the lantronix (try to do a ping to the lantronix device or doing some mtr to see its latency).

The other thing I don't like with lantronix is if you haven't connected for some time (let say 3 or 4 days), it become hang (I can't see anything on the screen) and have to reboot (from the menu), and after that it was fine. It is just ridiculous if I have to reboot the device and wait for 5 minutes or so.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@Francisco said:
    The biggest issue I had with some of them is that if the server is outputting more than 1024x768 resolution it'll make the unit instantly crash and reboot. It's possible they fixed it in the Duo units but wasn't in the single connector models.

Francisco

Just to confirm, we have the SpiderDuo units and haven't seen this type of issue.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vpsrus said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco, the unit does not reboot, the java freezes, then when you go back to the browser to restart the java, the browser simply redirect to the login page again.

Run a ping test, you might be surprised. Those units reboot fairly quick.

@BrianHarrison said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Just to confirm, we have the SpiderDuo units and haven't seen this type of issue.

Cool :) We moved away from using spiders once I realized how awesome IPMI's were.

Francisco

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@vpsrus said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Run a ping test, you might be surprised. Those units reboot fairly quick.

@BrianHarrison said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Cool :) We moved away from using spiders once I realized how awesome IPMI's were.

Francisco

Yeah, same, but we do keep a few on hand for a few of our older servers with absolutely atrocious IPMI firmware (e.g., losing keyboard every two days) and the few colo customers we have.