Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Has anyone picked one up in another location? Only option I got is GRA, although someone mentioned SBG before.

• This just loads the page with placeholders as @hzr mentioned earlier.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2016

@Amitz said:
    Can somebody tell me how to setup Software Raid 10 with those 4 disks using their installation panel and without a /home partition? Whenever I remove /home from their partition scheme, it tells me that can only choose Raid 1 for / ... Ehm?

Is that normal for Software Raid 10 to have / in Raid 1 and /home in Raid 10? Sounds a bit toasted to me...

Got a PM about it. I'll be doing the installation from scratch and ask for a fee. It works fine that way.

Will also be doing Promox installs / SolusVM and such, for a fee, not LET pricing of course :P.

Those who are interested, feel free to pm :P

edited September 2016

@fsgmhoward said:
    Wah... almost 70% OFF if VAT is waived (I use FR OVH). So surprising... It will be better if there is BHS DC as a choice!

What? 70% OFF? What's the final price?

Edit: Nevermind. It's certainly the VAT fee removed makes it a little cheaper.

• @Harambe said:
    Has anyone picked one up in another location? Only option I got is GRA, although someone mentioned SBG before.

According to their German Twitter account, this offer is only good in GRA.

Thanked by 1Harambe

It's a great server, multi-uses, for sure.
    Cheap as hell.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Hard Decision Hetzer vs OVH.

Fast Support vs meh.

16gig vs 64gig

6TB vs 8TB

CPU bench same

20TB vs 1Gbit flat

eh.

• Hetzner then.

Thanked by 2myhken Falzo
  • I have used Hetzner for almost 20 months now, and have no complaints at all.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Anyone want to join these together and setup a LowEndUsenet ? We shall call it LAUra,

• myhken said: I have used Hetzner for almost 20 months now, and have no complaints at all.

Would like to know about their DDoS protection.

Thank you.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    Hetzner then.

Well actually 16gig vs 64gig.

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited September 2016

Trying to use Proxmox, managed to get it setup etc and VM installed but it wont pickup a network - I purchased a block of /30 (4) but they're in a different range and following OVH's instruction to set on Windows:

Fail-Ov IP: 173.--

Netmask: 255.255.255.255

Gateway: IP Of server 37.--(.254)

Obviously they're from different ranges and I believe it's causing a problem somewhere. Anyone got any clues, would be much appreciated!

@Neoon said:

@Amitz said:
    Hetzner then.

Well actually 16gig vs 64gig.

To your previous comment, it's also 20TB @ Full GigE with Hetzner vs just 250Mbps at OVH (albeit unmetered). If you need a lot of IPs then OVH is bit more favorable though.

@HyperSpeed said:
    Obviously they're from different ranges and I believe it's causing a problem somewhere. Anyone got any clues, would be much appreciated!

You got your Virtual MACs setup properly? Should instantly connect with those settings if the Virtual MAC is enabled in IP Management section of OVH panel and you paste that into the network settings of the VM you create.

http://help.ovh.com/Proxmox#link3

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited September 2016

Neoon said: Fast Support vs meh.

Last time I ask them about my VPS problem, this is the timeline, starting from my question

9/12/16 9:07 PM
    9/12/16 10:09 PM
    9/12/16 11:08 PM
    9/13/16 9:58 AM

I think it is fast enough for a support. I don't know how fast hetzner can be for some conversation

• aFriendaFriend Member
    edited September 2016

I cannot seem to get CentOS to setup in "Raid 0" format (yes I am aware of the multi-points of failure - but in my scenario, its acceptable).
    I wanted:

/ 30 GB ext4 -- primary swap (whatever the default template has) /storage 8 TB (minus the above) -- never works. tried primary/logical/LV.

The installation always fails with error: ERROR 1 while installing grub on /dev/sda. Try again with small /boot partition
    Anyone have any suggestions? I think it has to do with the default setting of 4x512mb swap.

EDIT: Solved. Please ignore. For anyone who needs to do this, I think the trick is to create a /boot partition with RAID 1 first, and maybe the / partition with raid 1 too.

Thanked by 1FearHunter
  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited September 2016

I can't find the product link on the english website

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited September 2016

@HyperSpeed said:
    Trying to use Proxmox, managed to get it setup etc and VM installed but it wont pickup a network - I purchased a block of /30 (4) but they're in a different range and following OVH's instruction to set on Windows:

Fail-Ov IP: 173.--

Netmask: 255.255.255.255

Gateway: IP Of server 37.--(.254)

Maybe you can look at

If it is not exactly your need, at least they can give you insight about how to assign IP for different network range

• @Harambe said:

@HyperSpeed said:

You got your Virtual MACs setup properly? Should instantly connect with those settings if the Virtual MAC is enabled in IP Management section of OVH panel and you paste that into the network settings of the VM you create.

Just double checked, the VMac on the manager matches the Mac address on the Proxmox Network Device of the VM, it must pick up the network but just displays "No Internet Access".

• @Harambe said:

BHS in Canada was an option from the US offer page. Setup time was reportedly 10 days however.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • @sdglhm said:

myhken said: I have used Hetzner for almost 20 months now, and have no complaints at all.

Would like to know about their DDoS protection.

Thank you.

It's so new, so I don't know how it is. And my sites is no DDoS magnet so have no experience. Maybe others do.

@jtk said:
    BHS in Canada was an option from the US offer page. Setup time was reportedly 10 days however.

Ah ok. If someone was lucky enough to get one and it gets delivered that's a killer deal. Would've grabbed a few to replace a couple BHS boxes and still save money.

• Delivered in 120s. I "hate" here.

• myhken said: It's so new, so I don't know how it is. And my sites is no DDoS magnet so have no experience. Maybe others do.

Thank you for your input.

Thanked by 1myhken

@HyperSpeed said:

@Harambe said:

@HyperSpeed said:

Just double checked, the VMac on the manager matches the Mac address on the Proxmox Network Device of the VM, it must pick up the network but just displays "No Internet Access".

Then something isn't right in your network config :p

• @fLoo said:
    Just incase they increase the pricing or say its "limited" in time by price, here you got a proof:

This would be a bit more reliable ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20160915003323/https://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/bare-metal-servers/sp-64-d.xml

@MrGeneral said:

@HyperSpeed said:

@Harambe said:

@HyperSpeed said:

Then something isn't right in your network config :p

Yeah, something's not right. Mine just automatically connects after the IP & gateway get set.

Other things to check @HyperSpeed:

• If you picked VirtIO, did you load drivers?
    • Possibly using the wrong bridge? If you did their auto install, vmbr0 is what you want.
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2016

@K4Y5 said:

@fLoo said:
    Just incase they increase the pricing or say its "limited" in time by price, here you got a proof:

This would be a bit more reliable ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20160915003323/https://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/bare-metal-servers/sp-64-d.xml

This as well where their support says the price is monthly http://archive.is/ptJOr

Also having an old ovh.ie account without VAT makes this offer even better at 38EUR/m.

This discussion has been closed.