Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de

Comments

• @Falzo have you got a bitcoin wallet or something you're happy to share so we can show you some appreciation?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @WHT said:
    @Falzo
    Happy with the IO?

getting something around 200MB/s with dd, but the raid is resyncing hard time ;-)
    while overall being satisfied with this, I'll probably have another look tomorrow...

Thanked by 1WHT
  • @Nekki said:
    @Falzo have you got a bitcoin wallet or something you're happy to share so we can show you some appreciation?

hey, thanks, really appreciated.

yet I never needed bitcoin before, so don't even have a bitcoin wallet.
    (maybe it's time to get one haha ^^)

I do have a steam account for sure, so only if you really feel the need to, I'd take a voucher for my steam wallet ;-)

• frak...ordered one ..sigh :(

• Looked nice. Got one.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

Just an FYI since basically everyone here seems to not know, this promotion isn't new. They've had it available for a couple of weeks now. It's 50% off for 3 months, after 3 months it goes back to the normal pricing ($109/m for the base 64G 2x2TB I believe?)

Still a great deal though if you have a use.

Thanked by 2ehab vimalware
  • nope

@MikeA said:
    Just an FYI since basically everyone here seems to not know, this promotion isn't new. They've had it available for a couple of weeks now. It's 50% off for 3 months, after 3 months it goes back to the normal pricing ($109/m for the base 64G 2x2TB I believe?)

• Good that I did not got one then...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@century1stop said:
    nope

@MikeA said:

Would be nice to be 50% off for life, update me in 4 months.

Thanked by 2century1stop elflord
  • Does appear far too cheap for that brand so I am doubtful. Has anyone confirmed with OVH this is a lifetime offer?

• @Lee said:
    Does appear far too cheap for that brand so I am doubtful. Has anyone confirmed with OVH this is a lifetime offer?

It's hard to tell. If you click renew it comes up that the pricing structure does follow the structure on the screen up until and including "yearly" payment. When it was 50% off for first 3 months the rest of the payment sections didn't follow the structure I'm sure.

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

@HyperSpeed said:

@Lee said:
    Does appear far too cheap for that brand so I am doubtful. Has anyone confirmed with OVH this is a lifetime offer?

It's hard to tell. If you click renew it comes up that the pricing structure does follow the structure on the screen up until and including "yearly" payment. When it was 50% off for first 3 months the rest of the payment sections didn't follow the structure I'm sure.

I am always suspicious of OVH, if it had been a Kimsufi or SYS deal then I would more easily believe it but not with OVH, I will pass, I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite everyone.

It's a too good to be true type deal.

• HyperSpeed said: It's hard to tell. If you click renew it comes up that the pricing structure does follow the structure on the screen up until and including "yearly" payment. When it was 50% off for first 3 months the rest of the payment sections didn't follow the structure I'm sure.

I noticed that too, don't see how they'd let you have a promotional discount for 12 months. Also, the original German offer page mentions nothing about the price being time-limited, and the billing page refers to the 'subscription' being the discounted price.

Falzo said: I do have a steam account for sure, so only if you really feel the need to, I'd take a voucher for my steam wallet ;-)

I'm not sure how Steam vouchers work, do you need them to be for a specific region/currency, or can I buy anything and it'll work?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @HyperSpeed said:

@Lee said:

Wasn't there some extra "AGB"/terms regarding those special three-months offers?

There isn't anything noted in this case, not in the sign up page nor in the AGB's/terms one had to agree to, that the price per month would change after three months.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Another thing is, unless I'm mistaken, this is a server model just for this promotion - it's not offered usually looking at the Enterprise server page.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

zeitgeist said: Wasn't there some extra "AGB"/terms regarding those special three-months offers?

There isn't anything noted in this case, not in the sign up page nor in the AGB's/terms one had to agree to, that the price per month would change after three months.

Nope, it looks fine to be honest but against their window prices on the site even the cheapest SP64 is £70 with the same proc and RAM but only 2 x 2tb drives. This is the same box but with 4 x2tb drives.

Just seems fishy :)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Lee said:

>

I am always suspicious of OVH, if it had been a Kimsufi or SYS deal then I would more easily believe it but not with OVH, I will pass, I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite everyone.

It's a too good to be true type deal.

I have one of the E5v2 deals at BHS and the discounts aren't ongoing, so when you go to renew it you can't book it a year out at the discounted price on every month - but you can with these. Those E5 50% off machines are also full spec (500Mbps guaranteed vs 250 on this deal).

I think this is just a one-off deal to move some stock, it's a separate page from the E5v2 deal on the ovh.de site (both are listed in the dedicated servers menu).

@Falzo Thanks for sharing this :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Man its a limited deal.

It will be out of stock soon, OVH still makes profit with it, no worries.

• @Ympker said:

@doghouch said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone knows how the DDoS protection from ovh compares to sys? Even better I assume?

OVH is on the same network as Sys lol

I do Know that but didnt have ovh a DDoS protection "pro"? Or is it not active anymore?

They have 3 levels of DDoS protection: Basic, Pro, and Game. I think you get basic wth SyS, I'm not sure. The page says that they have it :P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • How long does it take for them to validate new accounts?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

>

They have 3 levels of DDoS protection: Basic, Pro, and Game. I think you get basic wth SyS, I'm not sure. The page says that they have it :P

SYS/KS are Basic, this comes with Pro (permanent mitigation, custom firewall rules, etc)

@emilv said:
    How long does it take for them to validate new accounts?

Took about 3 hours earlier on OVH.ie, but that was during business hours.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited September 2016

How to order .ie?

If I log in I just get this and clicking continue just reloads the page (this is a validated, old OVH.ie account with previous products)

• Nekki said: I'm not sure how Steam vouchers work, do you need them to be for a specific region/currency, or can I buy anything and it'll work?

don't know for sure, but don't let that bother any further ;-)

there is really no need - after all it was just posting a deal I was lucky enough to find on the net... you're welcome.

• FWIW, the price stays is same also for follow-up months (as expected):

• Anyone knows where to go for vat removal for a eu registered business? Nice offer. If it's recurring I'll drop 2 online.net nodes for sure.

• Falzo said: don't know for sure, but don't let that bother any further ;-)

there is really no need - after all it was just posting a deal I was lucky enough to find on the net... you're welcome.

I'd still like to buy you a drink mate, if it's simpler happy to lob a payment to your paypal.

• so I read OVH - OVH is also capped at 250Mbps. Can anybody confirm?
    It's been 9 hours since I sent verification docs, haven't got a reply. Is this normal?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    How to order .ie?

If I log in I just get this and clicking continue just reloads the page (this is a validated, old OVH.ie account with previous products)

Have you tried from this link: https://www.ovh.ie/order/dedies.cgi?hard=154sp10

• lusirhe said: It's been 9 hours since I sent verification docs, haven't got a reply. Is this normal?

Completely.

• Too bad then, hetzner was almost instantaneous. (5min reply)

This discussion has been closed.