Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Who offers cheapest possible comodo ssl?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Who offers cheapest possible comodo ssl?

As the title says. I am currently using the namecheap comodo which costs around 9 $. I think I heard somewhere that it is possible to get them for less or even free.

Comments

  • LandofnoneLandofnone Member
    edited September 2016

    Letsencrypt.org is your answer. :)

  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Provider

    We use https://www.ssl2buy.com/ -- it looks like they're currently running the special $8.67 per year for a Comodo PositiveSSL certificate.

    Reprise Hosting (AS62838) Intel Xeon L5520, 1TB SATA, 4GB RAM, 10TB BW, $27/mo with DED10 promo! Cheap dedicated servers.
    VPSHostingDeal.com - Low-cost self-managed OpenVZ + Xen cheap VPS hosting. Plans starting at $12 PER YEAR! Cheap VPS.

  • LandofnoneLandofnone Member
    edited September 2016

    Note: You will need to have your own DNS server and or a web hosting provider that supports Lets encrypt.

  • Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

  • I always get mine from gogetssl.com. At the moment it says 7.85/year, or 13.85/3-year, for PositiveSSL.

    © 2011-2019 eLohkCalb

  • GoGetSSL all the way.
    (GGSSL-branded COMODO Domain Validation)
    (PositiveSSL)

  • Yeah GoGetSSL are the cheapest ones.

    RIPE LIR: Contact me for ASN registrations/IPv6. No IPv4 space left.

  • If you get a 3 year certificate, http://cheapsslshop.com/ can't be beat.

  • The cheapest is letsencrypt = 0

  • what is the difference between all of them?

    can it improve my ranking, for a site which doesnt require users to login?

  • @salma @joshin @zeast

    Cheapsslshop is $4,95 per year if you use their coupon for three years (thtat's $14,85)

    Hostigation is $12,99 for three years

    Gogetssl is $11,25 for three years

    If you are in the EU, you might want to check where the shop is located since you might have to pay VAT on top of those prices.

    Thanked by 1joshin

    RIPE LIR: Contact me for ASN registrations/IPv6. No IPv4 space left.

  • @stasi said:
    what is the difference between all of them?

    can it improve my ranking, for a site which doesnt require users to login?

    There is no technical difference between the 7-15$ budget certs. Its artificial inflation/pricing. There is also no cost to actually make them thus the artificial.

    Google chrome will soon be scaring users away from non-ssl websites. I imagine at some point it will improve SERP by demoting non-SSL sites.

    All the different certs are like brands. They come from the same source but with different labels and marketing and public image. Its psychology..

    Your better off with a host or control panel that supports letsencrypt and not bother with the fees.

    Thanked by 1stasi
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider
    edited September 2016

    stasi said: what is the difference between all of them?

    Nothing. Thus, you probably want to use Let's Encrypt. For ease of use, you can also look at Caddy, which sets it up automatically.

  • @salma said:
    As the title says. I am currently using the namecheap comodo which costs around 9 $. I think I heard somewhere that it is possible to get them for less or even free.

    Yes, you have heard right. Read more to find them.

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited September 2016

    @pcfreak30 said:
    Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

    That's not true. While actual signing of DV might be easy, not complicated and using a little computing power, it's not like being a CA doesn't cost anything.

    You still need employees, insurance, auditors, etc. So no, it's not free to generate, nor artificial.

    Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting Provider & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale - Our Latest LET Offer

    Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

    Clouvider said: That's not true. While actual signing of DV might be easy, not complicated and using a little computing power, it's not like being a CA doesn't cost anything.

    You still need employees, insurance, auditors, etc. So no, it's not free to generate, nor artificial.

    I think @pcfreak30 is referring to per-unit cost.

  • pcfreak30 said: Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

    EV SSL, the green address bar is considered helpful in generating extra sales. Letsencrypt don't do EV SSL.

  • https://www.gogetssl.com/comodo-ssl/comodo-positivessl/ shows
    1 year - $7.85
    2 years - $6.38
    3 years - $4.62

    What am I missing to get the #'s you mentioned?

    Thanks!

    @tomle said:
    @salma @joshin @zeast

    Cheapsslshop is $4,95 per year if you use their coupon for three years (thtat's $14,85)

    Hostigation is $12,99 for three years

    Gogetssl is $11,25 for three years

    If you are in the EU, you might want to check where the shop is located since you might have to pay VAT on top of those prices.

  • @joshin said:
    https://www.gogetssl.com/comodo-ssl/comodo-positivessl/ shows
    1 year - $7.85
    2 years - $6.38
    3 years - $4.62

    What am I missing to get the #'s you mentioned?

    Thanks!

    You need to become a reseller.

    RIPE LIR: Contact me for ASN registrations/IPv6. No IPv4 space left.

  • MadMad Member, Provider

    SSLs.com (Powered by Namecheap) , I think it's the cheapest.

    Do you need a free one? Then Let's Encrypt :)

  • @ricardo said:

    pcfreak30 said: Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

    EV SSL, the green address bar is considered helpful in generating extra sales. Letsencrypt don't do EV SSL.

    Im aware of that. The higher ones take actual man power to verify. The budgets are automated.

Sign In or Register to comment.