Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this Error "fatal error in database.connection();"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why this Error "fatal error in database.connection();"

ChanuxChanux Member
edited March 2013 in Help

can you explain Why this Error.. this screenshot posted by member of my website http://geek.lk

• should i increase my number of connection ??

!(http://geek.lk/uploads/FileUpload/0d/266f33d8753f7cf7ef737e648edbb9.jpg)

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Must be hosted on ShoveHost. MySQL is restarted every minute by cron on their servers.

Sorry...couldn't resist...

Maybe:

• MySQL runs on a different host?
    • MySQL does networking but not socket?
    • Permissions leading to that socket are preventing access?
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 that is NOT true! We DO NOT restart MySQL on our shared hosting servers every minute.
    It's only on the server hosting our own website SHOVEHOST.COM until in an hour when I move it to a new server.

• @shovenose said: @raindog308 that is NOT true! We DO NOT restart MySQL on our shared hosting servers every minute.

It's only on the server hosting our own website SHOVEHOST.COM until in an hour when I move it to a new server.

So, not to derail further..but..rather than fixing what's wrong your answer is to move the entire website to a new server?

Just...just stop posting.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said: until in an hour when I move it to a new server.

Why are you moving it when its probably a config issue? Seems like a waste of time.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Cest Pit or PM please, don't want to derail the op's thread.

• @shovenose said: Cest Pit or PM please, don't want to derail the op's thread.

Too late for that.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 said: MySQL is restarted every minute by cron on their servers

lol.. But yeah I *believe that also can happen if MySql is not in a ready state for new connections. ie May not have restarted, Server boot et al. Can you netstat and find it is listening for incoming connections?

Want to see some thing like

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

By the way that is script in Sri Lanka? Beautiful. Wonder why my browser won't ask me to translate I'd love to search about that site.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited March 2013

Yup, check if mysql is actually accepting connections - do other scripts / apps etc. work?

Try telnetting the mysql server?

• this happens if you /tmp or / drive is full as well. Check df command if any drives are full.