Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turkey VM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turkey VM

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Any suggestions for server provider in Turkey? Ideally <$10/mo, with minimum specifications of 512 MB RAM, 10 GB disk, 200 GB bandwidth (but willing to pay more if the cheaper options are not reasonably reliable).

I currently have a VPS with Hosthink, but over the last three to four days they have had continuous packet loss for several hours at a time, I opened a ticket and sent several traceroutes from mtr but the issue persists.

Comments

• Have you tried Citynethost?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

ErawanArifNugroho said: Have you tried Citynethost?

No, would you recommend them? I read about bad uptime and support on LEB comments.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • ErawanArifNugroho said: Have you tried Citynethost?

Woaaah they're still going!

perennate said: No, would you recommend them? I read about bad uptime and support on LEB comments.

I had a stupidly cheap server in Cairo with them around the time of the 2011 revolution as far as I remember. It wasn't great, but to be fair it probably wasn't the best time for them.

They apparently have a 30 day money back guarantee though, maybe it's worth risking $5 to give their Istanbul location a go?

• Well, loooong time ago, this stuff happened to me https://lowendbox.com/blog/citynethost-windows-vps-egypt/#comment-25853

edited September 2016

I got a VM from OneProvider. It shows up in the panel, under OneCloud -> Manager. I select the VM.

What the fuck? Everything is fucking blank. I try selecting the other buttons like Reinstall, but nothing happens. Nothing in web browser console log, and it's not even performing any network requests. I tried Firefox and Chromium on Linux, and then I tried Firefox and Chrome on Windows; I even had a friend try to use it, and he said he was going to start puking from how slow and broken their shitty panel is. I bought a fucking lemon.

edited September 2016

Apparently it was because I did not select an OS when I created the VM. But the reason I did not select an OS was because the list of OS was empty. ._.

It seems to be working now. Might update about performance later.

• stasistasi Member
    edited September 2016

@perennate said:
    Apparently it was because I did not select an OS when I created the VM. But the reason I did not select an OS was because the list of OS was empty. ._.

It seems to be working now. Might update about performance later.

I trust it helps, but do let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

stasi

LowEndSupport