Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated 2TB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated 2TB HDD

Hi guys,

I know I asked a lot before, but this is gonna be the last time.

I'm looking for a dedicated server

HDD: 2TB
IPMI, iDRAC or smth.

Any offers, suggestions please via PM, thx!

Comments

• Hetzner / Kimsufi / SYS / Online

/thread

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nobizzle said:

I should sell sticky threads.... ;)

• @jarland said:

@nobizzle said:

I should sell sticky threads.... ;)

For a $7/month fee? Count me in

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@nobizzle what is your budget? Any how much Bandwidth

• the budget is 25€ max. online.net doesnt offer 2 TB, kimsufi doesnt have IPMI...

• Online.net

• Not sure about IPMI, but SoYouStart has a 2x2 TB Intel N2800 Atom for 25 EUR per month; you can check it out here.

• ain't there any other alternatives? i know all the mentioned providers, but nothing really fits.

bandwidth doesnt really matter that much.

• Might be able to provide you with an Atom box in the UK with 1x2TB drive?

They come with 250GB standard spec, I'd just need to check for you if we can slot a 2TB drive in there.

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited September 2016

nobizzle said: ain't there any other alternatives? i know all the mentioned providers, but nothing really fits.

bandwidth doesnt really matter that much.

We can do an Intel Xeon X3430, 4 GB DDR3 with 2 TB drive @ guaranteed 1Gbit in Netherlands without iDRAC (reinstalling/rescue mode can be done through control panel), but the price will be unfortunately higher than your maximum budget by 5 EUR. (i.e 30 EUR per month)

• Can I ask the requirement of IPMI?

• i'd like to use full disk encryption

• @Verelox said:
    We can do an Intel Xeon X3430, 4 GB DDR3 with 2 TB drive @ guaranteed 1Gbit in Netherlands without iDRAC (reinstalling/rescue mode can be done through control panel), but the price will be unfortunately higher than your maximum budget by 5 EUR. (i.e 30 EUR per month)

How much transfer per month?

• Rodney said: How much transfer per month?

20 TB for both outgoing and incoming.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@nobizzle why do you need iDRAC or IPMI ? Do you plan to often use it or is it just to install an exotic OS ?

• nobizzle said: i'd like to use full disk encryption

@Ikoula, he have already wrote why he needs it, Read the thread before commenting.

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@myhken you're right i missed that but still it does not answer my question. i will rephrase.

@nobizzle do you need it in everyday use or one time is enough ?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Have a look here :-).

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale

We can give you access to the IPMI with KVM over IP, not a problem.

• well.. thanks for all the suggestions, but i guess i'll stick to my beautiful kvm first of all. i'd prefer a dedicated but 30€ is a lot of money for just playing around a little bit and using it just on my own. online.net would be awesome if they had the 15,99€ version with 2 TB instead of just one, which is really very, very tight.. i don't need a lot of bandwith, but 1,5 to 2 TB are needed and i don't want to put in 200hrs of work just to get some exotic configuration working via dropbear for full disk encryption. I can understand that hosting a dedi for that money is also not easy as the provider wants to make some money for themselves...