Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic by Quadranet: all low-end services shut down without notice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic by Quadranet: all low-end services shut down without notice

edited September 2016 in Providers

Without warning or annoucement, they⇋ finally disappear. One month ago, they announced they will terminate the 3M/1Y/3Y plans (but not the 1M plans) and that they will restructure (possible IP address change).

However:

• no invoice was generated in august
  • no support ticket was answered
  • no announcement of any type
  • as a result, the VPS got suspended and terminated

Time to migrate somewhere else (already done in my case) but also to terminate my cloud services at Quadranet too (they are expensive and bad performing anyway).

Looks like Quadranet is becomming the next Incero :P

Comments

• Nope, still there.

Critic isn't going to deadpool, it's daft to think it will. The brand may be terminated in time, but it's not the same thing.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2016

I have 3 containers with them.

I see one is due for renewal in 4 days time and right enough, there is no invoice to pay. I've created a ticket asking if there will be one.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Come on man, you're an old timer. You know what the word deadpool means. This title is misleading, but you knew that.

(Title has since been changed)

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • @Nekki But it really seems so. Find me a customer able to renew his old Crissic VPS, to prove I'm wrong.

@ricardo Thanks for confirming

@jarland I know my own definition (All services killed without notice). I don't know your definition or the official LET definition, if any.

• hostingwizard_net said: But it really seems so. Find me a customer able to renew his old Crissic VPS, to prove I'm wrong.

That's not what 'deadpool' means. You've confused it with 'shithousery'.

Thanked by 2ATHK mikho
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2016

I agree it's maybe not the best choice of word, but same end conclusion for the end user, if true. Particularly so if there's no notification that allows people to backup or whatnot.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2016

(Title has since been changed, post is now irrelevant)

hostingwizard_net said: I know my own definition (All services killed without notice). I don't know your definition or the official LET definition, if any.

No I think you've been around long enough to know that a host doesn't qualify when you can submit an order and have it fulfilled, or while services are online. Allow me to refresh your memory with the first ever deadpool post:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendbox-dead-pool-april-2010/

You're trying to get attention and that's perfectly fine, and totally justified in trying to do so given the situation. But deadpool is an accusation that I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping on any host that is still fully operational.

• The words you're looking for is "shutting down", not "deadpool".

• @teamacc said:
    The words you're looking for is "shutting down", not "deadpool".

Is that even right? Are they shutting down or just moving the brand out of the LE space?

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

So, Quadranet is the new EIG?

• AlexBarakov said: So, Quadranet is the new EIG?

Who knows. Maybe they are all one. CC/Quadranet/EIG/OVH ;)

• Based upon market driving-forces and an abundance of client feedback, Crissic has been refocusing service offerings towards providing an upscale user-experience and managed services.

That's from their email back in August. Sounds more like they're deprecating all low end services (including monthly) now, hardly the same as deadpooling. Still, not cool with the way they're going about it with the lack of invoice and such.

• I know for sure that ColoCrossing secretly owns OVH, so it is well possible that they also own Quadranet and therefore Chrissic.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • And @Francisco secretly owns CC and online.net.

• @Francisco is an AI owned by @DewlanceVPS

Thanked by 2RIYAD GCat
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Nah, he used to own and was a big fan of Vbulletin 2.

Thanked by 2nipzthegreat zhsso
  • pizieypiziey Member
    edited September 2016

-

• So you paid and they suspended the VPS?

• Yes.It that happen.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2016

piziey said: What the F**K, i pay 3 years for nothing.They suspend the vps and cannot pay the bill.Here the Email they send to me.

Nekki said: So you paid and they suspended the VPS?

piziey said: Yes.It that happen.

You contradict yourself.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited September 2016

It's widely known the Crissic was only acquired for one reason and it wasn't your loyal custom...

It's unfortunate.

• Nekki said: @Francisco is an AI owned by @DewlanceVPS

Does that comes with AutoBoot™

• Everyone was warned in advance.. not sure where the butthurt is coming from?

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@Nekki said:
    @Francisco is an AI owned by @DewlanceVPS

@sdglhm

My server is down and I don't have KVMoIP... Please enable AutoBoot™!

• someusersomeuser Member
    edited September 2016

@JoeMerit said:
    Everyone was warned in advance.. not sure where the butthurt is coming from?

Actually, it wasn't made clear that anything would happen to month to month plans, and customers on those plans received less than a month's notice that anything was happening at all. I saw the email and assumed that 3 month+ payment discounts were no longer going to apply.

All I get is my VPS shutdown, no way to reactivate, no responses to support tickets, and I have to find this thread to find out what was even going on. Generally people know what they're getting into with budget VPS's, but I don't think Crissic's actions were in any way defensible.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@doghouch said:

@Nekki said:

@sdglhm

AutoBoot option is only available on Dewlance®. Purchase VPS from us and use it.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @DewlanceVPS said:

@doghouch said:

@Nekki said:

@sdglhm

AutoBoot option is only available on Dewlance®. Purchase VPS from us and use it.

Does it look like this?

Thanked by 2qrwteyrutiyoup tmwc
  • My Crissic VPS was renewed in July for a year. So far so good. I expect them to honor their invoiced agreement with me, although I realize it won't be renewed again. They also said something about having the right to reshuffle IPv4 addresses. As long as that remains an uncommon occurrence and they give me some lead time I suppose it's acceptable. Crissic was a good deal while it lasted, and I hope the next 10 months continue to be so. But you have to be tolerant of such churn in the low-end VPS market.

• doghouch said: Does it look like this?

wha.. wha... wha....t ?

• @sdglhm said:

doghouch said: Does it look like this?

wha.. wha... wha....t ?

I didn't quote properly, didn't bother to fix it. Was aimed at Francisco