Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help creating live stream site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help creating live stream site

Hello guys,

I have this project in mind for some time now and I was searching online for some info but I didn't find much

All I need to do is creating a website to broadcast some satellite channels (around 30 channels) but I don't really know what do I need to do and it's not my field ;)

Any ideas?!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2016

How are you pulling the feeds?

When you say website, do you mean the streams will be displayed in an embedded player?

• If you have the url from the satellite channels, i can help you.

i have a site for live streaming, vod, etc im not using it.

• @Microlinux said:

When you say website, do you mean the streams will be displayed in an embedded player?

I mean something similar to these ones fomnybox.com & freetvall.com/videos

• @dedicados said:
    If you have the url from the satellite channels, i can help you.

i have a site for live streaming, vod, etc im not using it.

I'm not sure that I can get it all

• @Rami said:

@Microlinux said:

I mean something similar to these ones fomnybox.com & freetvall.com/videos

How are you getting the feeds?

• RamiRami Member
    edited September 2016

@Microlinux I can contact these channels to get the feed url

• i can be that way or stream it from "adobe live i dont remember what..." to the page.

• So, you need a way to re-stream those feeds? Or grab their feed via satellite and convert it to streaming video?
    If the scenario is the first, there are a lot of ways to achieve it. Do you want to convert it to another format and/or bitrate to fit your needs? You can use ffmpeg in a command line to grab it, convert it and push it to a streaming server.
    Then, you can set nginx-rtmp with HLS to grab the ffmpeg stream and do the final stream for your audience. With nginx-rtmp you can even password - protect your streams.
    For 2-3 streams, you can do it in a low end vps. But for 30 streams, you will need a powerful dedicated server.
    Consider also the needed bandwidth.

• RamiRami Member
    edited September 2016

@dedicados @jvnadr I need the easiest way :D

I have for now IPTV account (I'm using it on VLC & Kodi) that contain all these channels (I don't know if it can help or not) I can get a dedicated server

• i will check arriving home, and then i can contact you.

Thanked by 1Rami
  • @dedicados said:
    i will check arriving home, and then i can contact you.

Thanks mate

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2016

Rami said: I have for now IPTV account

If those iptv channels are decrypted by a receiver and a card reader (legit subscription to a cable/iptv provider), then you cannot decrypt them in software and not be shut down.

If that's not the case, then, you can grab them in a server via ffmpeg using terminal and restream them either to you directly, or to a nginx rtmp server.

I suppose the type of the stream is rtp/rtsp. Capture the stream in terminal with ffmpeg and stream it with the specs you want to rtsp or rtmp.
    You can also use ngins-rtmp to grab the stream and restream it.

Read these:
    https://github.com/arut/nginx-rtmp-module/wiki/Getting-started-with-nginx-rtmp
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nginx-rtmp
    https://wmspanel.com/nimble

And this is a basic configuration to use with ffmpeg and nginx/rtmp server to pull a rtsp stream and rebroadcast it to rtmp:

pastebin.com/raw/9z38Z4is

Then, your new stream would be rtmp://[the.ip.of.your.server]:1935/restream/stream1 , an address you can easily embed to a free jwplayer or open it with vlc and create a .pls playlist.

Hope I helped!

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @jvnadr Thanks

I'll give this a look

• @Rami said:

would be nice to get some nilesat channels :P from you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

if you get the broadcast rights you can do it

Requirement:

1 . A encoder which capable of screen recording

opinion: OBS

2 . RTMP server

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-set-up-your-own-private-rtmp-server-using-nginx.50/

3 . Player to play it(videojs)

opinion: use this to check https://www.wowza.com/testplayers

if you looking to add someone in ..count me

• @vpsGOD Emmh... No! You seem to forgot to read what OP wanted.

OBS is a FMLE (Flash media Live Encoder) alternative. Not a server, not usable in OP's scenario. It just combine the ability to stream a video source with some basic capabilities of a software video mixer (like vmix, wircast etc.).
    Screen recorder? My god, why? OP don't want to connect a satellite receiver. But even if he wanted to, you suggest to grab a composite signal or use a pci satellite receiver, open a player and grab the image? You need a whole powerful pc just to grab the video from screen and transform it to stream! Only usage of this method I can think of, is grabbing, e.g., a football game from a paid platform to give it for free on the net. There are sites doing that, but the quality is awful! And it is much better to use a composite out or grab the video from a HDMI capture card, to convert it to stream. In all of those cases, you need a dedicated powerful computer. For 30 streams, you need 30 receivers and 30 powerful computers.

The tutorial from obs site is very basic and a little outdated. In nginx-rtmp's project site, there are a lot of instructions and a whole community - and it is the source.

Player to play it? Why the crappy wowza player? JW player offers for zero, none, null, nada money, one of the best video/audio players out there. In two flavors: a hosted one in their site you can embed in yours, with just pasting the url of the stream, and a free unbranded available for download to install it in your server.

Why people without knowledge in a certain field, want to give (wrong) directions to others? Don't they see that they will lead those asking for help in trouble, searching for solutions that are not even close to their needs? Sigh

• I'm pretty sure nginx-rtmp can pull rtmp streams directly without needing an instance of ffmpeg in the middle (unless of course you want to transcode).

nginx-rtmp hls + video.js works great and doesn't need flash.

• Rodney said: I'm pretty sure nginx-rtmp can pull rtmp streams directly without needing an instance of ffmpeg in the middle

Correct.

• Rodney said: I'm pretty sure nginx-rtmp can pull rtmp streams directly without needing an instance of ffmpeg in the middle (unless of course you want to transcode).

Indeed. But I suppose OP would like to transcode the 30 streams to a common format/bitrate, or else, it would be easier just to publish the original streams.

• Thanks guys for your help

I think I'm going to try @jvnadr method first but I'm waiting to have some free time in the next few days to test it