Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused to choose vps package
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Confused to choose vps package

st0rm911st0rm911 Member
edited December 2011 in General

I have 90 cpanel(approximate 70gb space used) client in reputated alpha reseller provider account.
I plan to transfer all client in vps.

10 master reseller and 5 reseller icluded in 90 client.
from 90 website 45 website running wordpress site.each site get daily 500-800 visitor (20 client using wordpress default theme without plugins and 25 website using 5-10 plugin).
10 forum which was 20-30 user most time online om each forum(using vbulletin default setting 7 site another 3 use phpbb).
3 forum use vanilla script.

From my above condition from LET experienced user i like to know:

what type of vps config is ok for me?
what amount of ram i specifically need for this kind of site?
another think what was good for cpu,equal share cpu or dedicated cpu?
what amount of request apache can candle in 1gb and 1.5 gb ram vps?
what major feature i need to see?

another think can you please tell me who is leader in vps and who provide affordable price with full managed vps with cpanel with good service.

Comments

• jhjh Member

what type of vps config is ok for me?

Something with at least 2GB RAM and a good CPU allocation

what amount of ram i specifically need for this kind of site?

Hard to say exactly but at least 2GB

another think what was good for cpu,equal share cpu or dedicated cpu?

Ideally dedicated CPU - it sounds like you'll need it

what amount of request apache can candle in 1gb and 1.5 gb ram vps?

Depends on a number of things, what type of sites are you hosting?

what major feature i need to see?

cPanel

• @jtodd thanks for your quick reply :)

i already sent email to two provider tmzhost and knowshost both suggest more then 1.2gb ram for this kind of site.not confirm it will enough.

if equal share cpu provide 16 core with 25% limitation.that was a problem?
    1core is better then 16 core 25% share?

i mainly focus on managed vps provider? do you know any good company can you please suggest?

• jhjh Member

Does the server location matter to you? Where are your clients based?

• innyainnya Member
    edited December 2011

Location is 1st thing you need to look for.
    Also, what is your investment range for manage vps?

• location not matter for me because i am in east asia.most of our countries site hosted in usa.i see that i get quick ping from France and Singapore.

• jhjh Member

If France is good for you, OVH might be an option. Have you looked at them?

• innyainnya Member
    edited December 2011

I think your vps location is matter to your clients. If most of your clients are from Asia, you should choose west coast USA location.

• they don`t provide managed vps :(.

• from my country losangels give good speed.

• I'm not a fan of master resellers, but what's your budget anyways? Btw, an reseller server might give you more performance then a small VPS (assuming the reseller account isn't massively oversold).

• mybudget not more then 1usd per gb..cause i sale 1gb space 10gb bw in 2.5.

• If you want good manage vps company in usa try jaguarpc.com.
    They are good for price and stability.

• @innya

this package very impressive for me thanks :)

100 GB Disk Space
    5,000 GB Bandwidth
    2048 MB RAM
    4096 MBBurst RAM
    Equal CPU (2 core minimum)
    $49.00/Month

lets googling and search in wht :)

• JacobJacob Member
    edited December 2011

I can recommend HudsonValleyHost.com
    Ask for ernie, I'm sure he can pull you a special deal.

Fast Support Response, Friendly staff, Low Prices and multiple locations. Couldn't ask for more then that! :D

• st0rm911st0rm911 Member
    edited December 2011

@innya

here is the ping test from 50 country:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/nTaU8.png[/img]

• @easevps
    they are not good in support.
    in wht about hudsonvalleyhost full of bad review.
    they also open two many thread for offer.. :P

• @st0rm911
    Try contacting livechat and ask for ernie or add him on msn ernie[at]hudsonvalleyhost.com

• Am i correct:
    You are a reseller from a provider, you have master resellers who have their own resellers who then finally have customers?
    SO the webspace goes through like 3 resellers before its actually sold? :D

• jhjh Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: You are a reseller from a provider, you have master resellers who have their own resellers who then finally have customers?

LOL

• st0rm911st0rm911 Member
    edited December 2011

@gsrdgrdghd yeah ;)

Dedicated server(provider)-alpha reseller(me)-i sale whm account(master reseller) or reseller(sale web space) or sale cpanel account ;)

• That's a pretty big long neverending list you have there, Goodluck with that.

Thanked by 1st0rm911
  • Agreed, too many levels where things can go wrong. And how does it work with marking up the prices? Seems like the end-user might as well get their own alpha (or whatever) reseller account?

• @st0rm911 said: Dedicated server(provider)-alpha reseller(me)-i sale whm account(master reseller) or reseller(sale web space) or sale cpanel account ;)

Sounds like a lot of potential to mess things up with a server move.

• @st0rm911 said: i see that i get quick ping from France and Singapore.

get a dedi from ovh. Kimisurf with 2 GB ram start at less than 15 eur/month.

Thanked by 1st0rm911
  • @marrco said: get a dedi from ovh. Kimisurf with 2 GB ram start at less than 15 eur/month.

A kimsufi is a good idea and would be a good choice I would take the one with 16GB RAM and i5 CPU. But the one with 2GB is absolutely not enough! It has only a atom / celeron drive and that's relative slow - for a handful of pages would that be fine, but he wants sooo much to host

Thanked by 1st0rm911
  • Atoms are supposedly quite good for web hosting.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/18624#Comment_18624

Thanked by 1st0rm911
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

I've run cPanel on a FDC Atom before, it ran fine. I can't properly comment since I don't know how CPU intensive the sites hosted will be.

• I haven't looked at Atom CPUs in ages, which model did you try for hosting? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Atom_microprocessors)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I can't remember the exact model but it was a dual-core. We ended up cancelling like a week after lol, but not because of performance or anything.

• Interesting, maybe I'll order one next week for my own purposes. They should be good on power, might make a good little firewall.