Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protection - US East and US Central
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protection - US East and US Central

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited March 2013 in General

Is anyone aware of DDoS PROTECTION services like what BuyVM and SecureDragon offer that are not on the West Coast?

Looking for something in US Central (Chicago, Kansas City, Dallas, etc.) or US East.

Comments

• Grab a 10Gigabit box from FDC and setup your own? :D

@BradND could maybe hook you up with a ddos protected vps in the future

• Most are in the West Coast for a reason. Awknet, Black Lotus, CNServers, Staminus, etc are all thereabouts.

• It is something that is being looked at :-)

• Staminus is looking like the sole consideration so far since in Chicago.

No idea why the DDoS companies are all on the left coast @concerto49. Bad for latency, bad for risk from natural disasters.

@BronzeByte, FDC doesn't need a DDoS not to work, they break things as matter of typical operations. I avoid them since they trashed one of my servers by dropping or throwing it.

• Shhh Brad. :P

• Limestone networks can do DDoS mitigation on dedicated servers

• @pubcrawler said: No idea why the DDoS companies are all on the left coast @concerto49. Bad for latency, bad for risk from natural disasters.

Because of all the peering, aka cheaper bandwidth. Think about where all the DDoS originates from and where it peers. DDoS uses a lot of bandwidth. This drives down prices. Enough said :)

Also because most of Asia lack bandwidth compared to Europe. Hence most use West Coast instead of Asia. In comparison, most can happily stick with Europe than use East Coast.

@superpilesos said: Limestone networks can do DDoS mitigation on dedicated servers

They try to.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

GigeNET is in Chicago.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can hook you up with something in central US, just HMU if you are interested :)

• There is plenty of traffic good and bad as well as peering in places like Chicago, NYC, Dallas, etc.

Portland and San Jose seem to be the only reasonable locations with DDoS services.

Now, while those points surely get a good amount of peering and traffic, they aren't the top spots.

Weird situation. Big market for someone capable of providing said service in the other 3/4 of the United States.

• LiquidWeb. Hmm. Any idea what pricepoint they offer said service at? @Liam

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

Yeah that's some crazy cash on the DDOS. Too rich for my blood :)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Not sure on locations, but try JavaPipe and CNServers

• Javapipe is a new one for me. Thanks @domincl.

Familiar with CNServers. West coast and high latency... :(

• True @Liam :)

Probably going to hedge my bets with the cheapies. BuyVM's protection in one location, another in US Central.

If they fail, we regroup and push one of the backup providers that costs more out to public.

@pubcrawler said: Javapipe is a new one for me. Thanks @domincl.

I believe @Jacob uses them at the moment. He might be able to share his opinion.

• paging @Jabob. Which DDoS provider do you use? Opinion?

@pubcrawler said: Which DDoS provider do you use? Opinion?

I personally don't use one.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

If you want protect website from DDoS, try CloudFlare. Business plan is pretty decent.

• @pubcrawler said: paging @Jabob. Which DDoS provider do you use? Opinion?

Would also like thoughts on JavaPipe.

• DDoS ProviderxD

• JacobJacob Member

I use javapipe.