Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migrate a website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Migrate a website

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited March 2013 in General

Hey guys. I have timetakernet.info running on a cPanel server, but I want to migrate it. The problem is that when I installed the cPanel server, the nameservers I configured are:
ns1.timetakernet.info - 108.174.53.153
ns2.timetakernet.info - 108.174.53.154
I fear migrating will break them. Any idea?

I've been banging my head in the wall, trying to figure it, and I only thought, that once I move the domain, I should create A records pointing to the old IPs for the nameservers:

Would this work. If not, what you suggest?
P.S. The panel I will be migrating the site to is ISPConfig 3.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

OK, it doesn't matter in there, just go to your domain registrar and edit the IPs on that, also change the DNS records.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I should point the NS to another IPs?
    The New Server got only 1 IP.

Depends on the requirements of your domain resistrar, but just use their DNS then? And simply put an A record to your server. Don't bother doing DNS on the ISPConfig3 server.

I needed to use ns1.timetakernet.info and ns2.timetakernet.info because of the site being a hosting one.

• @Radi said: I needed to use ns1.timetakernet.info and ns2.timetakernet.info because of the site being a hosting one.

@Radi said: The New Server got only 1 IP.

You can use one same IP for both ns1 and ns2.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will try it soon.

Glad I'm not the clueless person here. At least I don't use ugly templates and use .info domains.

• nikcnikc Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: Glad I'm not the clueless person here. At least I don't use ugly templates and use .info domains.

Pointless criticism ?

• ivanfilippovivanfilippov Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: Glad I'm not the clueless person here. At least I don't use ugly templates and use .info domains.

It was nice seeing you be helpful for once, for all of 31 minutes.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

What a cock, he didn't say anything to you. You proved nothing to anyone except that you're a dick.