Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameCheap $0.98 Domain Promo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameCheap $0.98 Domain Promo

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited March 2013 in General

Hi,
I have got this link to get NameCheap's $0.98 Domain Promo although nothing is going on like this promo officially from NameCheap. Have you also tried out ??

Link: http://www.namecheap.com/promos/exclusive-0-98-d0ma1n-mY5DK-pr0m0.aspx

All you have to do, click on 'Generate Code' and it will take to to Login/Sign UP page, YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR A NEW ACCOUNT and then search for the domain as usual and the other processes seem to be very easy as we buy domains from NameCheap. That Generated Coupon must be used with that Account Only. It also consists free WhoisGuard and Personal Open-Xchange Email for 1 Year. I bought a .org domain and it had no ICANN fee although registering .COM & .NET domain will add you $0.18 more as ICANN Fee.

I have no idea how long it will stay online. You may try it if you are waiting for a promo on NC. ;)

Thanks all.

Comments

• Offer Details

Valid for com/net/org/biz TLDs only

A maximum of one domain per Namecheap account can be registered at this price during the entire promotion period
    Coupon usage is limited to 1 per household or business
    This is an introductory offer and is valid for new customers only -> not for me and the rest of us
    The price with the coupon code is valid for the first year only, renewal comes at regular price

• @Noerman said: This is an introductory offer and is valid for new customers only -> not for me and the rest of us

Well, not teaching anyone how to committing frauds here but you can always register another account or have an account under your mommy/daddy/gf/dog/cat's name and pay using the CC from your mommy/daddy/gf/dog/cat. :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@zhuanyi said: Well, not teaching anyone how to committing frauds here but you can always register another account or have an account under your mommy/daddy/gf/dog/cat's name and pay using the CC from your mommy/daddy/gf/dog/cat. :)

Yeah, I also hope that being always Legal isn't important. Rather than registering an account and pushing it to personal account seems pretty nice.

• @zhuanyi Thanks for the info, I already knew all about that. But not for now.

• @zhuanyi said: dog/cat

Aww crap - my dog wasn't careful and maxed his CC :'( I'll have to see if my cat can help me out.

• Thanks for the offer code @ehostlab !

• @DStrout said: Aww crap - my dog wasn't careful and maxed his CC :'( I'll have to see if my cat can help me out.

Just get him/her to date a rich dog and the rich dog will take care of that :)

• @DStrout said: Aww crap - my dog wasn't careful and maxed his CC :'( I'll have to see if my cat can help me out.

I don't have a dog (my religion forbid it) and I don't have cat either.
    The only cat I found is belong to neighbour which if I use his Credit Card (or its -- since animal --) it would be illegal since it belong to the neighbour.

But I got some mice ...

• Seriously @Noerman, dogs are against your religion? Never heard that before? Which is it and why the prohibition?

• @pubcrawler said: Seriously @Noerman, dogs are against your religion? Never heard that before? Which is it and why the prohibition?

Don't think it is a good idea to make comments about what others believe in...different people believe in different things and that is the way it is.

However if you are indeed just curious, my apologies and please carry on with the discussion.

• I am truly curious @zhuanyi. It isn't a matter of beliefs but of the background. History / education.

I've always thought I was, aheam, weird with my animal prohibition in the house. Now I find an organized group that probably has ample reasoning for such and I am, well, interested :)

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: Seriously @Noerman, dogs are against your religion? Never heard that before? Which is it and why the prohibition?

No comment, but someone might answer it for you.

UPDATE: For your curiosity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

About 13% of Muslims live in Indonesia

• No kidding @Noerman. I never made the connection prior. I should have since in the past had some very good friends who were Muslim.

• @pubcrawler Awesome

• I should say they still are @Noerman. I just live far from them these days.

Interesting history and stories I just read about the matter. Right on with my beliefs and practices.

• imperioimperio Member
    edited March 2013

/offtopic

@pubcrawler There is also other interpretation that prohibits to keep dogs in the house where you live.You can keep them outside your house.There is also forbidding to eat pork meat same as jewish.

• Yes, the pork prohibition I am familiar with. I am a 20 year vegetarian :) So dietary overlap somewhat. Love middle eastern food, minus the lamb and other flesh.

Many Muslims I've known here in the States lived modestly as recent immigrants. Apartments mainly, so pets were not permitted normally. Never made the connection.

Just love different cultures and what you can learn at random times. Thanks for teaching me something new today, culturally.

• imperioimperio Member
    edited March 2013

/offtopic

I am not a religion nor biological expert as far as i know these prohibitions are related with bacterial diseases.

ontopic/

I have registered an org domain with the code for 0.98$ and added a positive SSL for 1.99$.

• I just registered a .com domain with NC just fine. (It's my first .com domain! :D Most of my domains are either local, domains hacks or .me.)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Noerman said: I don't have a dog (my religion forbid it) and I don't have cat either.

Your religion does not forbid it.

No offense, but I did research this greatly at one point. I studied religion in college and was curious when I came across this.

There is no prohibition against owning dogs in Islam. It is however a cultural prohibition in many parts of the Muslim world. It is truly a cultural view rather than a religious one...though in Muslim countries there is a lot of overlap.

The essence is the definition of what is ritually unclean. Some Muslims feel that dogs are ritually unclean. Others do not.

Regardless, all Muslims are commanded to be kind to dogs. Muhammad famously observed that a prostitute had earned great favor because she helped a stray dog, and once posted sentries so that a dog's newborn pups would be safe.

As you can hopefully see, I'm not anti-Islam or anything...just pointing out there is considerable diversity in the Muslim world.

• True, good post @raindog308. That was my understanding of the situation.

It's an interesting history lesson.

• Some of the reason is the saliva, and it's called najis :)

We have to wash our body if we touch it for 7 times, and one of them have to be mixed with soil.

• @Liam said: Anyone tried their $1 first month vps offer?

Me. Terminated after a month. Not worth for the price.

• /off-topic

@raindog308 Thanks for sharing your research.

Basically we do allow to have dog(s) but for some occasional matters only, such as securities. Direct contact (which saliva involved) was not preferred or we have to wash it (the part-of-the-body that get direct contact with saliva, such as hand as sample) using water for 7 times, and one of them have to be mixed with soil that also stated by @ErawanArifNugroho

... consider dogs to be ritually unclean (Najis) ....

All of Muslim were basically educated not to make contact with dogs because its saliva that considered as najis. So to reduce the possibility of get in touch with dog saliva's, we don't have it as pet in our house.

I do have some neighbours that own dogs (not Muslim, they were Catholic, Protestant, Chinese etc), and we do have great interaction as people but not for the dog. They were tied with rope or asked to sit when we have some conversation. And instead of dogs we prefer cat.

*English is not my first language so I might have to edit this reply if I found some mistake due my lack of knowledge in Islam or English.

I hope this off-topic topic won't continue.

• And instead of dogs we prefer cat.

Surprised by this. Cats often catch mice who have a parasite. That parasite changes behavior of the mice so they are do not fear cats and thus get eaten.

Same parasite effects human behavior. Exposure to the parasite also comes from the cat poo.

• /off-topic again

I will try to as simple as I can to answer this, so I don't make any next episode with this post since it's off-topic. But if you should, I will try to answer it.

If we have cat as pet, usually the cat just eat some leftover food of ours, and not primarily hunt some mouse although it's did sometimes. That fine for us since we don't eat together, take a bath together or sleep on with same bed with the cat. Cat usually sleep under the bed or in kitchen, where he hunt some mouse (if any).

We can have direct contact with the cat since it not najis, and off-course cat poo is najis and cat by nature trained to take a poo on the yard.

• So cats in your home @Noerman got poo outdoors? No indoor litterbox?

• Yes, usually on the sand (or just soft-soil) within the backyard or anyone yard that have sand or soft-soil on it.

Cat can go outside at any time with the special door or just climbing the wall and go outside by walking under the roof.

If sometime all were locked-out, cat will take a poo within the kitchen and we can just clean it as usual. There is some technical method with it but I'm not going to explained here.

And actually we don't have indoor litter-box for cat poo(s), just ordinary indoor litter-box in the kitchen.

• icySrvicySrv Member
    edited March 2013

@zhuanyi said: Just get him/her to date a rich dog and the rich dog will take care of that :)

That won't happen for him unless the rich dog is gay!!

• Where is genereta code link located??

This discussion has been closed.