Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to WHMCS

dnwkdnwk Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Hi
Is there any low(end) alternative to WHMCS?
Thanks

Comments

• FreekFreek Member
    edited March 2013

Aah c'mon, a bit more effort please.
    http://alternativeto.net/software/whmcs/

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

There's Hostbill, but in no way shape or form is it affordable, I haven't personally tried any of the others.

Edit: Yes, there is a free version..

• People have seriously stopped using Google...

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited March 2013

THT:- free ;)

@HalfEatenPie said: People have seriously stopped using Google...

+1

EDIT:-
    Also hostbill now has a free version (see in LET post only)

• dnwkdnwk Member

@MikeIn said: Also hostbill now has a free version (see in LET post only)

I think the Hostbill free version has been remove from hostbill webiste.

• If you cannot afford WHMCS, don't go in the hosting business.

• Null it!

• @dnwk said: I think the Hostbill free version has been remove from hostbill webiste.

Looks like a failed idea/concept or need some more changes.

@serverian said: If you cannot afford WHMCS, don't go in the hosting business.

For eg:- That's why I am not a webhost provider :p (Just kidding)

@Spencer said: Null it!

This word is not allowed, also I don't think someone should use such host.

Plus: We all miss thanks Button

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2013

Where to host the nulled one? :P
    Before saying "Null it" think about DMCA.

• CoreyCorey Member

@HalfEatenPie said: People have seriously stopped using Google...

I enjoy searching google and the first result is a forum of people talking about the topic with people inside telling them to google :)

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2013

http://www.getbillr.com

Not really designed for hosting but if you can't afford WHMCS/HostBill it could work for you.

• Not really designed for hosting but if you can't afford WHMCS/HostBill it could work for you.

From @jhadley :)

• dnwkdnwk Member

@jhadley said: Not really designed for hosting but if you can't afford WHMCS/HostBill it could work for you.

Doesn't looks like it has client interface, from what I can saw in demo site. I tried Boxbilling, it simply has too many bugs. Oh, you are the author. If you could have some very very simple ordering interface, I'll get it.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited March 2013

@serverian said: If you cannot afford WHMCS, don't go in the hosting business.

I am not going to be your competitor. I am doing a RPG as a hosting provider.

• jhjh Member

@dnwk said: Doesn't looks like it has client interface, from what I can saw in demo site. I tried Boxbilling, it simply has too many bugs. Oh, you are the author. If you could have some very very simple ordering interface, I'll get it.

It has both of those. See the Code Canyon page for details...

• dnwkdnwk Member

@jhadley
    I saw the code canyon page and login to client side demo. I did not see how they can place an order or something.

• jhjh Member

@dnwk said: I saw the code canyon page and login to client side demo. I did not see how they can place an order or something.

At the moment they register then in the client area they can add a new product. In the next release it'll be a single order page which will do both.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@jhadley said: At the moment they register then in the client area they can add a new product. In the next release it'll be a single order page which will do both.

will waiting for that

• Why not build an alternative? All the hosts here paying around 10 to 15$ per month will add up to a lot. An opensource project can cut down that cost. I always had this option in mind and is developing my current project in such a way that at some stage I can add modules to it and use it for hosting automation.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@bizzard I am :)

• jhjh Member

@bizzard said: Why not build an alternative?

A LOT of work went in to Billr and realistically it's some way from a finished product. Building an alternative (I don't mean shovebill - I mean something useful and sustainable) isn't feasible for a lot of people.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@jhadley paying somebody else

• jhjh Member

@shovenose said: paying somebody else

You'll run out of money long before you have something useful.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@bizzard said: Why not build an alternative? All the hosts here paying around 10 to 15$ per month will add up to a lot.

Yeah, build your own, and 10 to $15 per month x 100 is easy money! Oh wait ... You can't charge it 10 to $15, why would someone use something new and unknown when they can use something old and reliable for the same price?

Ok then, $5 is a good price to get people over. Not everyone, some will still pay 5-10 more to go with something they know it's reliable. Oh well, you can get 50 people if you pay some ads, hire SEO spammers etc.

You'll end up with $100 per month. Not too bad considering it's easy money, you'll develop this quickly, set it and forget it and just sit watching the money floats.

But wait, there is more! You forgot about support ... You forgot about bug fixes ... You forgot about chargeback fees ...

And then you'll start coding it and you'll realize it's not that easy as you though it would be

• dnwkdnwk Member

@bizzard said: Why not build an alternative? All the hosts here paying around 10 to 15$ per month will add up to a lot. An opensource project can cut down that cost. I always had this option in mind and is developing my current project in such a way that at some stage I can add modules to it and use it for hosting automation.

Hey, we should have a low end cooperative.

• @dnwk said: Hey, we should have a low end cooperative.

Yeah, let's all share the easy money!

• dnwkdnwk Member

You rarely see great business apps that as functional as Drupal/Wordpress

• @vedran said: Yeah, build your own, and 10 to $15 per month x 100 is easy money! Oh wait ... You can't charge it 10 to $15, why would someone use something new and unknown when they can use something old and reliable for the same price?

I have no plans to build and sell something similar. People have faith in WHMCS because its there for a long time. There are lots of hosts running the same and many will have talented programmers. So, if something can be built as a community product, it will benefit all.

In my case, my present project was designed in such a way that if I get time, I'll add few modules to manage recurring billing and things, so that I can put it to my own use.

• What shall we call our LowEndPanel? LowEndBilling?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Bogdacutuu said: Yeah, let's all share the easy money!

Well, good theories do not always go well