Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this Hosting Problem or PHP Problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this Hosting Problem or PHP Problem

ChanuxChanux Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Some Members Always says, The website Stuck when thay writing a discussion, and thay got msg calld "Website Not Responding"

Is it Hosting Problem or PHP Problem. any idea about that ??

this is the website http://geek.lk

another one thing. this issue not for all members. only for some members..

Comments

• that site is blardy slow for me.

change host.

• I can't really understand what you're saying.

But from what I can understand this could be several different factors:

• Does your website have the resources available (hardware wise) to run?
    • What kind of bandwidth/upstream providers do you have and what is the majority of your user's locations/base?
    • Is there any known issues with your forum software? (looks like Vanilla but idk)

Its more than likely not a PHP issue but the provider issue. But it can't really be determined until you tell us more.

• Which type of Web Hosting Should i use ? Any sugestions are Welcome from you all

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Seems to load fine from here. You'd probably be better off contacting your host if you think the issue is with them.
    Good shared web hosting should be fine for that site. Even though a good VPS would certainly give you more flexibility and make your site load significantly faster.

• @HalfEatenPie give me some time please. i will provide this all info,

• @Chanux you could be segfaulting hire an experienced Developer with a systems Admin background to investigate

• Hello,

Its loading quiet slow for me. So first check with your hardware resource and also the load on the server on which your site is hosted. If the load on the server is high, it can be slow. Regarding the hosting, if you are currently hosted on shared server, you can upgrade yourself to VPS as that would be perfect for you.

• @Breezehost @cosmicgate @HalfEatenPie @natestamm @shovenose
    As my hosting provider This is my hosting details

400GB RAID 1 Protected Disk
    Intel Sandy Bridge 3 Dedicated CPU Cores (3.4GHz X 3)
    4GB DDR3 Guaranteed RAM
    1 Dedicated IPv4 and /64 IPv6 Block
    Unmetered Bandwidth connected at 100Mbps

is it OK or Not.

if not which one should i use ??

this is my CountryRanks http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/geek.lk#
    Sri Lanka 39
    Italy 49,876
    India 270,551

Thanx for kindly reply :)

• @Chanux: If this is a VPS, check the load on the server. Also let us know what datacenter this server is hosted in.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@Chanux if that's a VPS, the problem is going to be that the server is overloaded because it's only sharing a single RAID1 array with all of the other VPS customers on that server. RAID1 is fine for a single website however once you split it among several active VPS customers on a single node you get major slowdowns and performance issues.
    Look for a host that offers RAID10 on their VPS or get your own dedicated server with RAID1 (because if it's just hosting you, you probably won't have any issues with RAID1, it is really only problematic when you're sharing that resource.
    Please run this command on your VPS:
    wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    and copy and paste the results here.