Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS in Middle-East and Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS in Middle-East and Asia

Hey everyone!

I'm looking to expand my self-hosted CDN in other locations. We currently have troubles being super fast in Middle-East and Asia. We're searching for a sub-70ms ping.

We'd need a VPS in both those places that is DDoS protected. Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• Good news! I can make dreams happen. This dream will cost you $500,000,000. Would you like to pay via Bitcoin or Bank Transfer?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Unfortunately, not all regions are equal on the internet at this time. We still have significant masses of land where 0-2 cables are providing high speed internet. The best thing you can do is identify what network path you need to obtain this, and trace the shortest path to the nearest significant hub. From there you can start looking providers around said hub and determining who can best get you from point A to point B.

You can find resources, none of which are popping up into my head right now, to see what major cables are coming into your area. You can also try out various providers test IPs and run traceroutes to gain more familiarity with what routes are good and what routes are bad for you. Keep in mind this could all change tomorrow though. Needing low latency means that you either need it local and directly within your control, or you need to constantly be on top of things.

Remember that a place barely able to sustain internet services due to lack of cables providing incoming bandwidth are unlikely to provide high quality DDOS protection.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • HostBasticHostBastic Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Those locations are not the most common place to look for VPS with DDoS protection, however some providers from Singapore if im not mistaken offer such services and they are rather expensive, due to the costs of bandwidth within Asia.

• As I said, I don't necessarily need to have the server IN those locations, but rather anywhere where the ping is <70ms. Might go to max <80ms if I don't find anything.

• I have some good experiences with using the scaleway line for middle-eastern clients, although they hover just under 100ms (lebanon client) or 80ms (saudi arabia). Downside: no anti-ddos, although online.net offers them on their normal lines for loads of money.

• If I was you just take 3 cheap ones in round robin/any cast. DDoS protection isn't coming cheap

• @teamacc said:
    I have some good experiences with using the scaleway line for middle-eastern clients, although they hover just under 100ms (lebanon client) or 80ms (saudi arabia). Downside: no anti-ddos, although online.net offers them on their normal lines for loads of money.

If you read their FAQ carefully, you can see that they have global anti-DDoS protection
    https://www.scaleway.com/faq/server/network/

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@DeadCode said:
    As I said, I don't necessarily need to have the server IN those locations, but rather anywhere where the ping is <70ms. Might go to max <80ms if I don't find anything.

You won't get 80ms even inside those countries unless your budget is well beyond LE*.

For a DDoS protected network for the Middle East - I would try Paris or Frankfurt... (eg: https://www.kms-hosting.com/rootserver)

For a DDoS Protected network for South East Asia (CN/SG/HK/PH etc.) - you'd be best in Los Angeles, CA... (eg: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/89909/budgetnode-double-disk-12-year-openvz-free-inbound-40gbps-ddos-mitigation-los-angeles).

Outside of LET Pricing however, there is a few options such as:

Singapore - https://www.hawkhost.com/vps-hosting
    Singapore & Indonesia - https://winnervps.com/

Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited September 2016

@LordSpock said:

@DeadCode said:
    As I said, I don't necessarily need to have the server IN those locations, but rather anywhere where the ping is <70ms. Might go to max <80ms if I don't find anything.

You won't get 80ms even inside those countries unless your budget is well beyond LE*.

Got at least one client confirmed in lebanon who has sub-100 ping to my gameserver hosted on a scaleway box @ 3euro/month... Directly onto seabone it seems, although thats a bit hard to confirm as scaleway has borked the traceroute command with their network filtering.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

@teamacc said:

@LordSpock said:

@DeadCode said:

Got at least one client confirmed in lebanon who has sub-100 ping to my gameserver hosted on a scaleway box @ 3euro/month... Directly onto seabone it seems, although thats a bit hard to confirm as scaleway has borked the traceroute command with their network filtering.

Sub-100ms makes sense in Paris for Lebanon (Beirut has sub-sea cable to Cyprus which has SeaMeWe-3 through there), I'm talking more about SEA and more "filtered" ME countries (i.e Saudi Arabia 170ms from Tata in Jeddah, SA to Online.NET).

That being said, sub-100ms is easier with no advanced DDoS filtering.

• Anywhere ping under < 70 ms? Only in dream.
    Even ping between some asian country > 70 ms, not to mention DDOS

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

There are a few options in Asia, none however that I have found that are:

a) remotely affordable; and

b) providing anything other than UDP rate limiting / blocking of amplification attacks.

I've looked into quite a few options to date.

There are a few options in Signapore and South Korea. Certainly none are remotely close to LET pricing ($XXX - $X,XXX+).