Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for high RAM VPS (KVM)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for high RAM VPS (KVM)

imokimok Member
edited September 2016 in Requests

Hello. I'm looking for a VPS:

• 4 - 6GB RAM
  • 150 - 200 GB SSD (RAID mirrored protected)
  • 4 - 6 TB bandwith
  • KVM
  • DDoS protection (maybe)
  • USA/Canada

About the budget... speedykvm.com offers at $16. Something like that it's OK but I need something between their SSD PLAN 3 and SSD PLAN 4. I need to see alternatives too.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

Comments

• LandofnoneLandofnone Member
    edited September 2016

Have you checked out BuyVM. They do have a plan that is around $30 that comes closes to your specs if you add 3 more dollars to that 30 you get DDoS protection.

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

2 Cores @ 3.50+ GHz
    Dedicated CPU Usage
    8192 MB Memory 160 GB SSD Storage
    10 TB Bandwidth 1 IPv4 Address
    $30.00 per month

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

I'd recommend using BuyVM's new KVM slices over Incero brands any day. You'll be happier in the end.

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

$15.00/month
    1 Core 3.5GHz (Dedicated)
    4GB RAM
    80GB SSD
    5TB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4

Thanked by 3Francisco imok yomero
  • Do you really need that much space on SSD? Just being very curious.

• have you by any chance done sysbench for the server? love to see how good it is :)

@MikeA said:

>

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Hello,

You can do it by ordering 3xKVM SSD packages at wishosting.com. You'll get 3 vCores 6GB RAM 180GB SSD for $15/mo

Thanked by 1imok
  • @seriesn said:
    Do you really need that much space on SSD? Just being very curious.

Just to be safe. I'm at more or less 60GB right now.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Why thank you @landofnone and @mikeA :)

Francisco

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

4GB Ram,
    4xCPU,
    200GB Space (HDD) ,
    Bandwidth over 250Mbps ,
    Canada Location .

Price : $10/month

Order Link

Thanked by 1imok
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We can do this in LA for $15 per month KVM 4GB 200GB raid10 8TB Bandwidth 20Gbps DDoS Mitigation.

Thanked by 1imok
  • Take BuyVM, it's a piece of cake

• bersybersy Member
    edited September 2016

imok said: speedykvm.com offers at $16

$144/yr if you use LET code to be exact, you can't find better deal in my book.

RIYAD said: 200GB Space (HDD)

OP is looking for SSD, isn't he?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

He did , but if he changes his mind and go for hdd .

Thanked by 1imok
  • @exception0x876 said:
    Hello,

You can do it by ordering 3xKVM SSD packages at wishosting.com. You'll get 3 vCores 6GB RAM 180GB SSD for $15/mo

Keep in mind though that this is on raid-0 ssds. Otherwise a good/great deal. You could also consider their hdd offers, if a hdd works for you. Far more ram for 6 usd/month.

Thanked by 2exception0x876 imok
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited September 2016

@imok said:

About the budget... speedykvm.com offers at $16. Something like that it's OK but I need something between their SSD PLAN 3 and SSD PLAN 4. I need to see alternatives too.

You can use coupon;
    LETBigVPS35Off

Which gives 35% off any of the https://SpeedyKVM.com plan "4" SSD or HDD VPS plans;

• SSD Plan 4 (8GB model)

• Volatile Plan 4

• Storage Plan 4

Or coupon LET for 25% off any VPS or V-DEDICATED plan.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • MadMad Member
    edited September 2016

OVH (VPS Cloud RAM), they actually look interesting too.

• @Incero said:

@imok said:

You can use coupon;
    LETBigVPS35Off

Which gives 35% off any of the https://SpeedyKVM.com plan "4" SSD or HDD VPS plans;

• SSD Plan 4 (8GB model)

• Volatile Plan 4

• Storage Plan 4

Or coupon LET for 25% off any VPS or V-DEDICATED plan.

Do you provide a contract to stop you changing the price at will? I'd sign up if you made a promise at least not to change the price at will for 12 months

Thanked by 1bersy
    edited September 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    Do you provide a contract to stop you changing the price at will? I'd sign up if you made a promise at least not to change the price at will for 12 months

That is exactly what the prepaid plans are for, to lock in your rate.

We HAVE NEVER increased or changed a price, nor ever stopped service for a customer who has a contract or prepaid rate in place. NEVER, since our business started in 2008 (about 16x the lifespan of the average LET business ;-) ).

Thanks.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    4 CPU Cores (Equal Share) E5-2630 v2 @ 2.60 GHZ 
    4 GB Ram
    85 GB Disk space (SSD cached, host node runs 12xSAS Raid 10 + 2 x 512GB SSD cachecade) 
    2 TB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 IPv4 address

I could do that in Phoenix AZ for €15.00 p/month, inbound bandwidth is unmetered so the 2TB is outbound only.

• @Incero said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

That is exactly what the prepaid plans are for, to lock in your rate.

We HAVE NEVER increased or changed a price, nor ever stopped service for a customer who has a contract or prepaid rate in place. NEVER, since our business started in 2008 (about 16x the lifespan of the average LET business ;-) ).

Thanks.

Just fucked over 90% of the happy Wable customers. Cheers, you offer an amazing service but I'd choose not to trust you again like many others

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    Just fucked over 90% of the happy Wable customers. Cheers, you offer an amazing service but I'd choose not to trust you again like many others

If you call giving clients on a month to month product FIVE MONTHS NOTICE (multiple emails, and facebook, and let posts) of changing from bundle billing to hourly billing sc**wing people over, then we can't win. It would have been better to do what most LET hosts do, close shop, start a new brand, keep the payments...?

Do you think it is possible that maybe over 75% of people from LET signed up for the 1-per-customer promo bundle and created multiple of them? The idea of the half price promo bundle 3 was to get people to try it and grow, a discount provided in good faith. People abused it.

The new hourly pricing benefits genuine customers; people who need 1x vps pay as little as $3.72/month instead of $8. People who were on bundle 4 or higher (e.g. non promo bundle) are saving money also, people who wanted only more cpu or more disk or more RAM are saving money also (vs buying a new higher bundle). Want a VPS for 3 hours? Save money vs paying for a month etc. Use a VPS for 2 hours, take a snapshot, delete the vps, restore it a month later, work on it again, snapshot it, delete vps, work on it 3 months later... total bill around 25 cents.

We run a real business. We do our best to cater to people that want a quality service, at a fair price.

Thanks for listening.

Thanked by 1LordSpock