Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20,000 daily unique visitors with WordPress based website | virtual server configuration proposal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

20,000 daily unique visitors with WordPress based website | virtual server configuration proposal

Daily unique visitors: ~20,000

Multiple visitors: ~30,000

WordPress infrastructure.

How would you suggest a configuration? (centminmod, easyengine, tuxlite etc.)

It also features virtual server what should be the minimum?

Comments

• Firstly do you have a specific target country?

If you have multiple countries a multiple VPS setup might be better

• @OpticalSwoosh For a single country. (Sweden)

• @lowend_explorer said:
    @OpticalSwoosh For a single country. (Sweden)

Then I would recommend a VPS in Sweden or with good connection. If you have lots of JS,CSS or images I'd recommend using a second CDN server or CloudFlare to ease the load a bit.

Then it's always good to have room to grow, also do you need cpanel or not?

• Centminmod ( nginx + redis). Specifications :

2-4 Cores (2.8Ghz or more, faster the better)

4 GB memory (more the better)

SSD space as required

Europe location

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

I don't understand why there are three threads on the front page asking this same question, even if slightly different wording. Is there something going on here I'm not aware of? This is not that popular of a question. (See: every thread mentioning centminmod and easyengine)

• @jarland said:
    I don't understand why there are three threads on the front page asking this same question, even if slightly different wording. Is there something going on here I'm not aware of? This is not that popular of a question. (See: every thread mentioning centminmod and easyengine)

Sometimes recommendations change with specific requirements. Also, in this case he needs advice of the VPS configuration as well. It is a slightly different question than "which is better in general" as it is "which will be better for this specific scenario and which what all hardware and how to optimally configure it" etc etc.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Up. Waiting for help.

• HostBasticHostBastic Member, Host Rep

With 20.000 daily visit you should get atleast 2Gb of ram and 1-2 vCores for the WP to run smoothly, but it will also depends on the optimization and amount of plugins installed. LiteSpeed has similar if not better static file performance to Nginx, the standart edition is free to use, so you might look into that.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@lowend_explorer said:
    Up. Waiting for help.

Hello there,

Do you have any budget in mind ? Also, send me a PM with your website, I may be able to offer you some nice discounts.

Thank you.

• radhe83radhe83 Member
    edited September 2016

@lowend_explorer

EasyEngine ( nginx + Redis + PHP7 + MariaDB).

Server Specifications :

• Min 1 CPU Cores
    • MIN 2 GB memory
    • SSD will be better

Redis (PageCache) configuration is must so that so that static HTML can be served for better bandwidth utilization.

Proper CDN configuration for all the other static files.

Also for fast dashboard and page generation you should configure Redis ObjectCache.

mysqltuner will be needed later to optimize MariaDB.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited September 2016

lowend_explorer said: How would you suggest a configuration? (centminmod, easyengine, tuxlite etc.)

It's not what you use but how you use it that matters ;) This means fully learning and understanding what is on offer with each respective web stack installer and how to tune it to meet your web app and site traffic needs :)

With hourly billing vps providers around it's quite cheap to test each configuration in terms of LEMP stack installers and see which is more suited to your work flows. Centmin Mod is CentOS only, so if you're not comfortable with CentOS i.e. Ubuntu user, then that would rule it out. But if you're comfortable or open to learning on CentOS, Centmin Mod has alot to offer :)

I have had Centmin Mod user reporting their Wordpress blog handling around 90,000 unique ip visitors per day (~2.7 million unique ip visitors per month) on a 512MB VPS CentOS server just with WP Super Cache via Wordpress auto installer http://centminmod.com/nginx-wordpress-installer.html. Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 version is even better switching from WP Super Cache to KeyCDN Cache Enabler out of the box.

I've done Centmin Mod LEMP stack blitz.io 10,000 concurrent user benchmarks of my Wordpress auto installer at around 302 million hits/month on a 2GB DigitalOcean KVM VPS server using Redis caching at Nginx level or 237 million hits/month on same server via Wordpress Super Cache (KeyCDN Cache Enabler is slightly faster than WP Super Cache and easier to configure). Demo site is my Wordpress7 site http://wordpress7.centminmod.com/

My advice test yourself and find out. Pay attention to each respective minimum disk, memory install requirements and your existing memory and disk space requirements to size your VPS appropriately. Don't forgot room for backing up and restoring data scenarios !

No need to lock yourself into one LEMP stack / OS environment these days seeing how cheap VPS server offerings are now with hourly billing etc :)

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

If it's 64 MB VPS - LET hardcore administrators will definitely help you. Otherwise - impossible.

Thanked by 2Junkless mehargags
  • ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited September 2016

Make a static .html page with some CSS for design, then manually write new blog posts in the .html page and re-upload the new page via FTP. You can do over a million visitors this way on a barebones PC :D

I used to do this as a kid on a medium traffic website that somehow grew to that size, and I stayed on shared hosting without a problem, even while using over 600GB in traffic.