Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nixcom back up?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nixcom back up?

silvervestsilvervest Member
edited December 2011 in Providers

It has been months since Nixcom.ca closed their doors after apparently losing all customer data, but just a few minute ago, I started receiving freshly generated invoices for the interim period!

I'm assuming this means they found their backup data and booted their WHMCS service back up, failing to realise that it'd carry on generating invoices.

Anyone else getting the same thing?

Comments

• Maybe he just turned off the web server and forgot to remove it from startup, and maybe the server its on rebooted?

Just a guess.

• Sounds to me like they used that as an excuse to shut down and do a runner with everyone's cash.

Thanked by 1japon
  • yep got 3 invoices too .....

• @dirk @silvervest - Do any of the links provided in the emails work? It'd be interesting to know if their WHMCS came back up without them realizing :P

• @Aldryic: don't know...I simply deleted the mails...

• Just to let everyone know that this was a crontab error...

• @nixcom said: Just to let everyone know that this was a crontab error...

So if everyone got invoices clearly you have their details still. If you can invoice, you can refund....

• @Joel said: So if everyone got invoices clearly you have their details still. If you can invoice, you can refund....

Everyone didn't get invoices.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

@sleddog said: Everyone didn't get invoices.

{tired attempt at humour}I got an invoice and I wasn't even a customer of theirs.{/tired attempt at humour}

• @sleddog said: Everyone didn't get invoices.

That's not very "Christmas Spirit" then not giving such gifts to "everyone."

• @Joel said: That's not very "Christmas Spirit" then not giving such gifts to "everyone."

Maybe I was on their Naughty List...

• He still did not refund me lol. Yearly paid service just gone with his problem.

• Zidit are you serious?! Can you please resend me all your informations? Invoice(s), paypal ids etc...

We will solve that for sure.

• Crontab error was an error from an old backup that has been restored. 3/4 informations in it was corrupted.

• Nixcom could be back on track someday but working hard to step up service that will be given and studying on to get more knownledge about network/security. We'll see in the future...

• I ever want to use your service,
    Be a indifferent bsd/linux sysadm like me,
    my job is hard to cope too, weblogic/jvm/ 24hs on-call / rotten code with RD.. etc
    I think you can do it better than me.
    waiting for you comeback.

• Thanks for the comment :)