Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web Hosting Uptime Report
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web Hosting Uptime Report

SCDanielSCDaniel Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hey guys – I’d thought you might been interested in this data that has otherwise till now been sitting in our database not being shown. Below you will be able to find a link that will show you the uptime of hosts based on the combined uptime of users of StatusCake.com that use that hosting provider. It’s worth stressing that you should not expect to see 100% here and the data should be taken as relative to each other (we’ve picked a data set that ensures test settings on each are the same). Depending on if people give a flying donkey I’ll also port out the performance data to a grade (Linode for example wins on that).

https://www.statuscake.com/hostreport/

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

now THAT is really cool!
    But no ShoveHost :(

• Hey Shove - you can either add your hosting yourself or I'll add it a bit later today for you. Working on performance data right now as I think that is just as (if not more so) important.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@SCDaniel Signed up now

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@SCDaniel I'd say Performance Data is certainly much more important. Anyway,
    I signed up for it, put ShoveHost as the host, and am monitoring ShoveHost.com.
    But I have a question for you: is there any way to fix the logo not sizing properly in the header? Because I don't really wanna be a ShoveHo. LOL
    https://www.statuscake.com/public/site/33493

• Hey Flip. Once you added your site it will scan the DB - if it finds some matching sites then it will add it to the list else it will take a bit of time. For everyone else no need to mention when you signed up if your adding a hosting site as it tells me automatically :)

edited March 2013

@SCDaniel Yep i added it to check my homepage

Edit:

Scratch that, seems im already on the list: Fliphost 99.92% 6,069

• Slightly amended a couple of things

• Uptime as now 4 place decimals
    • Calculating using last 60 days only
    • Removed any String match downtime.
  • Added average load time :)

• Sorting by % uptime, 100% appears first in ascending.

• Chicago VPS 92.0183%...

Tee-hee

@pubcrawler if you look there are two ChicagoVPS's listed. Right beside each other

• Cheers Shared - added % based sorting

The data is automatically generated - I've fixed this, cheers for pointing it out!

• Yes I saw that @Fliphost.

These monitoring services have their job cut out for them. Providers can have a gazillion things to monitor. Hard to differentiate what exactly is being monitored. Know it is just one server or VPS, but no way to say this is or isn't accurate beyond that one box.

May I recommend such services monitor the gateway of provider first. That should give a bandwidth uptime. Of course when ICMP gets dropped in attack protection scheme, the monitoring will misreport uptime. Good luck working around that. Need ping + conditional failure checking. Doable, but adds to complexity.

Anyways, 92% uptime is bad.

• I've updated the performance function to only take into account the first 100KB of transfer which should create a more even playing field.

• VladorzVladorz Member
    edited March 2013

ChicagoVPS - 95.6947% ???? this is so bad... and I was considering using them for dns :(

EDIT:

It is not expected for any host to get 100% uptime as some users will take their site offline intentionally

so some of the downtime migh have been caused by the users.. my bad for blaming them

• lincolnlincoln Member
    edited March 2013

When I sort by check.. i got this
    Check

Seems it treat checks as string